Beta 1.5.3 published to Chrome Web Store

💥We just shipped another awesome update! This is a release candidate so please let us know if you run into any issues as soon as possible.

Testing this new release is a wonderful way to kick off the first weekend of March. Things are heating up outside and for 1Password X, wish is especially great for those of us freezing up here in the north. 🙂🔥

Version 1.5.3 is working its way through the Chrome Web Store now and you should have it within a few hours. Once you have your hands on the new version, please let us know how it goes.

Here's the full changelog:

[NEW] It is now possible to generate passwords with pronounceable syllables.
[NEW] You can now start creation of a new item directly from 1Password X.
[NEW] Added Japanese localization to 1Password X.
[IMPROVED] Revamped the Welcome page with links and a video tutorial.
[IMPROVED] Added a setting to allow 1Password X to stay unlocked when the device locks.
[IMPROVED] Added focus styling for the type button, slider, and switches in the strong password generator.
[IMPROVED] Made text padding a bit more visually appealing on rounded buttons.
[IMPROVED] Passwords are color-coded for easier reading.
[IMPROVED] Improved filling of sign in pages when using logins created with older versions of 1Password.
[IMPROVED] Continued to improve credit card and identity filling.
[IMPROVED] Greatly improved filling of generated passwords, especially on change password forms.
[FIXED] Password Generator: Made the password length text input the same width as switches to fix occasional text truncation
[FIXED] Password Generator: The right edge of focus rings is no longer being cut off.
[FIXED] Resolved an issue when filling identity items that did not contain a default phone number.
[FIXED] Can now fill time based one-time passwords (TOTP) on Trello.com.

Your continued support and feedback made this release possible, so please keep it coming! 🙂

Thank you! 🧡

Comments

• Manaburner
    Manaburner
    Community Member

Great work on this. Any chance all those improvements come to the "classic" extensions?

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@Manaburner: I think it may be a bit problematic to port a lot of this stuff there since it's completely separate and much older. There may be some features/enhancements we can do that for though. Was there something particular that you had your eye on? Otherwise, it's possible that someday we'll have a single extension that will work both ways. :)

• Manaburner
    Manaburner
    Community Member

@brenty I especially like the revamped password generator and the possibility, to generate digit-only passwords (aka PINs).

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@Manaburner: Ah, Me too! And I have good news for you: I can't give a time frame, but the new password generator is something we'll be iterating on and bringing to the other apps. :)

• Manaburner
    Manaburner
    Community Member

Yay :)

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

;) :+1:

This discussion has been closed.