TouchID

Options
NeilMike
NeilMike
Community Member

When I first got my iPad Pro, I set it up for TouchID and worked like a charm. Along the way it stopped working, and I would like to get it working again, but I cannot figure out how to do that from your various instruction bits. Please advise what I need to do. Thank you.

1Password Version: 6.8.7
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 11.2.6
Sync Type: ICloud
Referrer: forum-search:TouchID

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@NeilMike: Sure! You'll need to have Touch ID setup both in iOS itself and in 1Password:

Use Touch ID to unlock 1Password on your iPhone or iPad

I hope this helps. Be sure to let me know if you have any other questions! :)

• NeilMike
    NeilMike
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks, Brenty. I thought it should be simple and the video makes it seem so. Sadly, the same screen on my iPad Pro does show "Touch ID" on the Security Settings as reflected in the video. I've looked for it elsewhere, but so far no luck in finding it. Can you suggest next steps for me? Thanks, again.

• NeilMike
    NeilMike
    Community Member
    edited March 2018
    Options

Sorry, Brenty, I meant to include a screenshot for clear verification of my statement...

• Ben
    Options

@NeilMike,

That would indicate that 1Password cannot detect that Touch ID is enabled on your iPad. Would you be able to post a screenshot of the settings that you see in the Settings app under Touch ID & Passcode, please?

Thanks!

Ben

• NeilMike
    NeilMike
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks, Ben, for your guidance. I think I'm ok now. Because I use TouchID every day for "normal" access to my iPad, I just assumed I had all the settings correct at that level. I did not, but now I do. Thanks, again.

• Ben
    Options

Glad to hear you were able to resolve the problem. If we can be of further assistance, please don’t hesitate to contact us.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.