Suddenly today 1password asks if I want to save my password if I make any edit to my website

Options

I am working on building websites. This is nothing new. I do it all the time. Suddenly today, every time I save a change I make to a form, 1password pops up and asks if I want to save my password. Did something change?

1Password Version: 6.8.7
Extension Version: 4.7.0.90
OS Version: mac os 10.13.3
Sync Type: Icloud
Referrer: forum-search:ask too much

Comments

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @Rbbb,

Unfortunately it's incredibly hard to say. We're always making improvements of course but what might be happening here would be guesswork based on the details we have at the moment. When a form is submitted the extension looks for password fields to determine if there is something 1Password might be interested in. If there the extension sends a report on the page. If the password field contains a password unknown to 1Password we will prompt if 1Password is set to ask and isn't a domain that we've been instructed to ignore. The core logic hasn't changed recently so I can't think of anything new in 1Password that would explain what you're seeing. Does the brief description of how 1Password decides whether to prompt or not make sense in light of some change you've made to this page recently?

• Rbbb
    Rbbb
    Community Member
    Options

Hmm, well there is a field that I call Name...in this case meaning the name of a customer or a job or an invoice. Probably it makes sense to just ignore the domain. Thanks

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @Rbbb,

That shouldn't be sufficient for 1Password to be nagging you the way it is. Are there no password fields, hidden or visible that contain a value?

This discussion has been closed.