Windows 10 1Password Mini, open to favorites and keyboard shortcut?

GoShawn
GoShawn
Community Member
edited March 2018 in 1Password 7 for Windows

Hi,

I’ve got two gripes with 1P for Windows. Perhaps you can help me figure out how to work around them, or submit these as enhancement requests.

1 - Open to Favorites. Whenever I open 1P Mini, it opens to all vaults. I then have to click on the Favorites (Star) icon and then select the account I want to copy/paste, etc. Is there a way to have 1P Mini open to the Favorites tab instead of the All tab? Make it a lot harder to navigate and quickly get to the credential I need.

2 - Speaking of 1P Mini.... Is there a way to change the CTRL+Alt+\ keyboard shortcut? I’d like to map it to keystrokes that work for me. We have that option with 1P for macOS? Can we have feature parity in this regard with 1P for Windows?

In general, I find 1P for Windows a bear to use due to all the extra clicks or right clicks that I need to make compared to 1P for macOS.

3 - bonus enhancement request... Can you please add the feature to 1P for Windows that rules in 1P for macOS? Put the cursor/selector on the password field in 1Password and highlight the copy button? I know that means you have to add a copy button/function in the Windows version. If not that, how about keyboard shortcuts to copy/paste as opposed to forcing users to use the mouse right click?

I’m very happy with 1Password overall, these are niggling little gripes I have with the Windows version because the operations to access credentials are so obtuse and foreign compared to 1Password for macOS.

Thanks for listening.

If there is a beta version for Windows 10 that I can sign up for that might have these features/functions in them, I’d happily request access to it.

Kind Regards,

--Shawn

1Password Version: 6.6
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows 10
Sync Type: 1P for Families
Referrer: forum-search:Windows 10 mini open to favorites

Comments

• GoShawn
    GoShawn
    Community Member

Looks like markdown caused the 3 enhancements to be bolder, that was unintentional.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    edited March 2018

Looks like markdown caused the 3 enhancements to be bolder, that was unintentional.

@GoShawn: No worries! Fixed. :)

1 - Open to Favorites. Whenever I open 1P Mini, it opens to all vaults. I then have to click on the Favorites (Star) icon and then select the account I want to copy/paste, etc. Is there a way to have 1P Mini open to the Favorites tab instead of the All tab? Make it a lot harder to navigate and quickly get to the credential I need.

Actually, if you update to the current version — 6.8 (you're a bit behind) — 1Password already supports this, with one caveat: When you reopen 1Password, "All Vaults" will still appear to be highlighted, even though it will remember and show your last selection. We'll be fixing that graphical issue, but the functionality is there.

2 - Speaking of 1P Mini.... Is there a way to change the CTRL+Alt+\ keyboard shortcut? I’d like to map it to keystrokes that work for me. We have that option with 1P for macOS? Can we have feature parity in this regard with 1P for Windows?

It's something we'd like to add more customizability for, but for now you can change the last part — the default \ — to something else in 1Password Settings.

In general, I find 1P for Windows a bear to use due to all the extra clicks or right clicks that I need to make compared to 1P for macOS.

I'm sorry to hear that. We're a bit limited since menacing is very different between platforms, but we're always exploring ways of improving navigation. Thanks for your feedback on that!

3 - bonus enhancement request... Can you please add the feature to 1P for Windows that rules in 1P for macOS? Put the cursor/selector on the password field in 1Password and highlight the copy button? I know that means you have to add a copy button/function in the Windows version. If not that, how about keyboard shortcuts to copy/paste as opposed to forcing users to use the mouse right click?

You can already use keyboard shortcuts for copying the password and many other things, but I agree we need to make this more obvious, make some additions, and also allow for easier access with the mouse.

I’m very happy with 1Password overall, these are niggling little gripes I have with the Windows version because the operations to access credentials are so obtuse and foreign compared to 1Password for macOS. Thanks for listening.

I hear you! As someone who uses both (and others) regularly you'd think I'm used to this, but I get confused too. There's some of that which can't be helped due to platform differences, but I think there's more we can do to make it an easier transition for 1Password users.

If there is a beta version for Windows 10 that I can sign up for that might have these features/functions in them, I’d happily request access to it.

While many of the things you mentioned above just require a minor update for you, we would love for you to participate in the beta. And currently 1Password 7 is a public alpha. Cheers! :)

• GoShawn
    GoShawn
    Community Member

Thanks! I downloaded the Alpha this weekend after lurking in the forums. The Windows Hello integration is nice! Fingerprint access to the vault is nice, as is the inclusion of SGX support. Thanks for reading and replying!

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni

@GoShawn: On behalf of Brenty you are very welcome! :chuffed:

Please let us know if you have any other questions about 1Password 7 Alpha, we are always here for you. Thank you!

Cheers,
    Greg

• AndyMDoyle
    AndyMDoyle
    Community Member

In 1Password 7.0.558, if I launch 1Password Mini with the hotkey (with a non-browser app selected), the UI defaults to searching all vaults. It doesn't remember that last time launched it I had selected Favourites.

Is there a way to make it launch in Favourites every time like I'm used to from MacOS?

• Hi @AndyMDoyle,

That's a bug, it should never default to All Vaults but All Items instead.

We're investigating it and will have it fixed.

For the long term, we do want to match the new macOS mini behavior, default to Suggested Items if there are any items to suggest and if not, default to Favorites.

This discussion has been closed.