Can't add a secure note in 1password X on chromebook?

I feel like I must be missing something obvious. I see how to edit a secure note, but how do I create one in 1password X?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:add secure note 1password x

Comments

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@littlehonda - you're not missing anything. 1Password X is not currently set up to create any record type besides Login items (and generated passwords). If you need to add an item in another category, you'll want to either open your 1Password account in a web browser and do it there, or - if you have a native 1Password app installed on one of your devices (Windows, Mac, iOS or Android) - you can do it from within the native 1Password app on that device

• littlehonda
    littlehonda
    Community Member

Thanks! I am on a Chromebook so I'll use browser. Thanks!

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni

Glad Lars was able to help you, @littlehonda. :+1:

Also see this support article:

View and edit your items on 1Password.com

Cheers! :)

• bpollack
    bpollack
    Community Member
    edited February 2018

If you're going to position this as a Linux version of 1Password--and you definitely don't have to do that, mind--then I really do expect Secure Notes to be supported. It's 100% fine to say, "we're not there yet," which may well be the case, but "use one of the clients we do support* is not filling me with confidence on that one.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@bpollack: I'm not quite sure I follow. 1Password X is about two months old now, so we've definitely only scratched the surface of its capabilities, but I don't know that I understand the rest of your comments. You sound like you're responding to something someone else said, but you're the only one who's mentioned Linux in this discussion. Sorry if I'm being a bit dense here.

• jbkendrick
    jbkendrick
    Community Member

Just wanted to add my two cents. I was using LastPass after switching from Windows to ChromeOS about 18 months ago, but after LastPass had some issues with security and then again with their extension last year, I started searching for something else. I was very surprised to learn that 1Password was available as a web-based application and Chrome extension.

I used 1Password for many years before moving off of Mac OS, and am so glad to be back. They have great support and their web-based implementation and chrome extension are more user-friendly than LastPass which I used for several years. I also like their addition of the secret key and convenience of fingerprint unlock on Android. I've used 1Password on all my Chrome devices for the past few months and they've done a fabulous job with the web app.

Keep in mind that on most newer Chrome OS devices, you can install and use the Android app, so that has more features than the Chrome extension. But for my money, the web app is full-featured, beautiful to look at and does the job perfectly. J

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@jbkendrick: Wow! Glad to have you back! Thanks for the kind words, and your feedback on 1Password! I know you're happy with it, but the best part is that the 1Password.com web interface and 1Password X are still young and are just going to keep getting even better. Hopefully in the future 1Password X will be so powerful you'll rarely even need to use the website...and who knows, as Google adds more tools for Android apps to run on Chrome, that app may become more useful to you as well. Cheers! :)

This discussion has been closed.