Does 1Password work with either Mint or Personal Capital ?

Options
drricky2
drricky2
Community Member

Before purchasing you 1Passport product, I wonder if it is compatable with either Mint or Personal Capital websites

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.10.5
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:Does 1Password work with Personal Capital ?

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    edited March 2018
    Options

@drricky2: I'm not quite sure what you mean by "compatible", since they don't explicitly offer a way for 1Password to integrate with them. No websites do. But I do use 1Password to sign it to both — though it's entirely dependent on the design of the sites not preventing that.

In the past I had some trouble with Mint because their website would clear out the username after 1Password filled it (if I remember correctly), but since they're using Intuit's login portal now it's worked fine. I hope this helps. Be sure to let me know if you have any other questions! :)

• drricky2
    drricky2
    Community Member
    Options

Sorry, I'm still a little confused. So I will use 1Password to create passwords for all of my accounts. The username will be of my selection of banking and personal accounts. I will manually enter these passwords into Bank accounts and Mint. Once I enter the passwords generated by 1Password, everything should work fine. Is that correct.

Additionally, how do I best use 1Passport for both me and my wife.

Thank you

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Sorry, I'm still a little confused.

@drricky2: Sorry about that. I'll be happy to help in any way I can. :blush:

So I will use 1Password to create passwords for all of my accounts. The username will be of my selection of banking and personal accounts. I will manually enter these passwords into Bank accounts and Mint. Once I enter the passwords generated by 1Password, everything should work fine. Is that correct.

Hmm. I'd suggest starting with this guide, especially as you're getting used to things:

Saving, filling, and changing your passwords

That gives a good overview and links to tutorials for specific tasks. But as a general summary of 1Password, you'll save login credentials in it for two reasons: this allows you to use 1Password to fill them into websites, and also means you can use strong, unique passwords for each site since you don't have to remember or type them yourself.

I'd start by saving logins for websites in 1Password as you use them, and then where you have weak or reused password for sites, change them to make them stronger and update it in 1Password — especially starting with important, sensitive accounts like banks or healthcare.

It may feel overwhelming if you try to do everything at once, so it's best to start with a few to get a feel for it an then do more as you go. In time, you can make sure that all of your accounts have strong, unique passwords that no one will guess, and 1Password can keep track of all of those for you so you don't have to.

Additionally, how do I best use 1Passport for both me and my wife. Thank you

Sure thing! With a 1Password Families membership, you can invite your wife (and other loved ones — up to five people are included in the base price) so she also can use all of the 1Password apps and can aces her data (and any you share with her) by simply signing into her account. It makes it really easy to share a vault securely with her:

Share passwords in 1Password Families

This is just scratching the surface though, since you'll probably have questions pertaining to your specific situation, so be sure to let me know! :)

This discussion has been closed.