Unable to get new Family vaults to appear on wife's iPhone 6 running iOS 11.2.6

Options
MacPass
MacPass
Community Member

Am a happy 1Password user for about ten years. Just bought subscription/membership, installed on macOS 10.13.3 Supplemental, Windows 7 under Parallels Desktop, Wife's Windows 7 laptop, my iPhone 6S and wife's iPhone 6. Had purchased Individual plan, then invited wife, upgrading to Family plan. Established new Account vaults, leaving old stand alone vaults still syncing under Dropbox, for now. New Account vaults seem to be syncing between my MacBook Pro and my iPhone 6S, including for new Account vault I created for wife. Her iPhone 6 Account is showing the default Account items, but not the new Account vaults I created for her, on my Mac. How, do I make them appear for her iPhone 6, please?

1Password Version: iOS latest
Extension Version: iOS not installed
OS Version: iOS 11.2.6
Sync Type: AgileBits

Comments

• MacPass
    MacPass
    Community Member
    Options

Now, I see that the new Account Vaults don't appear on my wife's Windows laptop, either. They do appear on my iPhone 6S.

• Manaburner
    Manaburner
    Community Member
    Options

Hi @MacPass after you have "created the vault for her", did you also add her to the vault security settings so that she's allowed to see and the vault in the first place?

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@MacPass: Indeed, when creating a new vault it will only be accessible to you unless you set the permissions so that others can:

Create and share vaults

I hope this helps. Be sure to let me know if you have any other questions! :)

• MacPass
    MacPass
    Community Member
    Options

Brenty, it shows that an Invitation in pending. However, I thought that I had gone into her email and accepted. I clicked the + sign to invite again. However, when I entered her email address, it responded with, "A member with this email address already exists." Can't locate the original invitation to accept, and can't reinvite, so what do I do now?

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@MacPass: I wasn't suggesting inviting her to setup a second account, only to give her existing account permission to access the vault you want to share with her:

You can do that from the vaults page:

https://start.1password.com/vaults

Does that help?

• MacPass
    MacPass
    Community Member
    Options

Yes, that appeared to solve the problems, before I reached another stumbling block. Was able to authorize her account using my Mac. Then, I rebooted onto her macOS account and launched 1Password. Fortunately, I chose the 1Password.com option, then scanned her Emergency Kit QR code, and entered her Master password. The new Vault that I had created for her, was there!!! Then, I got on her Windows laptop, launched the 1Password 6 App, logged her in, but the new Vault I had created for her wasn't there. Puzzling, since it was there for her 1Password account on the Mac. Brenty, How do I get things to work on her Windows laptop?

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    edited March 2018
    Options

@MacPass: Does she perhaps have more than one 1Password.com account? Because unless the PC is unable to connect to get the new vault I'm not sure what else could cause that for her. How about the 1Password.com website?

• MacPass
    MacPass
    Community Member
    Options

She only has one 1Password.com account. The vault that I created for her shows up in 1Password.com, both when logged in on my Mac, and on the Windows laptop. However, 1Password 6 on the Windows laptop, doesn't show it! I should note, that I have not yet deleted the stand alone vaults that have been syncing for years on Dropbox. Didn't want to risk losing info, before I confirmed that everything was working. Please advise.

• MacPass
    MacPass
    Community Member
    Options

Brenty, I have now tested my wife's iPhone 6, and the Vault I created on my Mac, appears! So, the remaining issue is that this Vault doesn't appear on my wife's Windows laptop, when using the 1Password 6 App. 1Password.com works. Please advise.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@MacPass: Thanks for letting me know! If you're still having trouble on the PC, the best thing to do will be to generate a diagnostic report so we can look at the logs to determine exactly what is happening:

https://support.1password.com/diagnostics/

Please send it to support@agilebits.com and add the following Support ID (including the square brackets) to the subject of your diagnostics email before sending:

[#YEG-55371-567]

If you’re reading this and you are not MacPass, this Support ID is for MacPass only. Please ask us for your own if you also need help.

This will link your diagnostics to our current discussion. Let me know once you've sent it. Once we see it we should be able to better assist you. Thanks in advance!

ref: YEG-55371-567

• MacPass
    MacPass
    Community Member
    Options

Brenty, I emailed the Diagnostics Report, as instructed, and with the Support ID in brackets in the Subject line, just a few minutes ago.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@MacPass: Awesome! Thanks! I see that we've received your email, so we can continue the conversation there. We'll take a look at the diagnostics and get back to you shortly! :)

This discussion has been closed.