Sign in for team works on website, not app

I can use my master password to login to my team account on website, but it doesn't work on Mac app or Chrome browser extension or in non-team 1password website. How do I reinstall the app if necessary so that it is configured for the team account. The app version is
1Password
Version 6.5.3 (653001)
Mac App Store

1Password Version: 6.5.3
Extension Version: 4.6.12.90
OS Version: 10.12.2 (16C67)
Sync Type: don't know/may not be working

Comments

• Hey @JoeMurray! I'd be happy to help. 1Password 6.5.3 is a much older version of the Mac app, so you should be able to update to the latest one in the Mac App Store to get things working again:

How to keep 1Password up to date

If you happened to download 1Password from our website instead of the Mac App Store, you can follow these steps to update it manually since that version's automatic updates no longer work. Hope that helps! :)

• JoeMurray
    JoeMurray
    Community Member
    edited March 2018

I had 1password installed from the Agilebits store, then I installed the one from the Apple store. 1Password 6
    Version 6.8.7 (687006)
    AgileBits Store
    1Password
    Version 6.8.7 (687003)
    Mac App Store

I am not sure how to tell them where to find / store my data. The Agilebits one (labelled 1Password 6) has many passwords not in the Mac App Store version (labelled just 1Password).

I am sharing the data store with more passwords with my team through a shared encrypted folder, I believe.

I don't know how to get the Mac App Store version to use the data store that the other one is using. Once I tell it to do that, what is the proper procedure to get rid of / uninstall the one from the Agilebits store?

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@JoeMurray: If you have a 1Password.com membership, it doesn't matter which one you use...but definitely only use one. Having two different copies of the app can cause confusion and some other issues. So if you have a preference for using the App Store, drag "1Password 6" to the Trash and restart your Mac. If you'd rather use the version from the AgileBits website, drag "1Password" to the Trash and restart your Mac.

As far as telling the app where to find your data, you'll just need to sign into your account to set it up:

How to add your 1Password account to the apps

I hope this helps. Be sure to let me know if you have any other questions! :)

• JoeMurray
    JoeMurray
    Community Member
    edited March 2018

So what I needed to do was to open both versions of 1Password, determine that the one with the good data (from Agilebits, that won't update properly on its own that I am supposed to replace) was logged in to a sign-in address for the team and the other (from the Apple Store, that updates properly) was not. I then update the one with only half the data but that updates itself properly to use the Team account. At this point I am comfortable deleting the app from Agilebits store.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

I don't really see how to do this with the instructions you sent me to. Basically, I have two apps and they aren't talking to each other. I need to get the data from one into the other. Is there an export or import function??

@JoeMurray: I'm not sure what you mean by "I have two apps and they aren't talking to each other". Which two apps are you referring to? I guess the real question is where do you have your 1Password data that you want to keep? It sounds like maybe you have different data in different places? I thought you were trying to use a 1Password.com account.

• JoeMurray
    JoeMurray
    Community Member

No, that didn't do it. The app from Agilebits has twice as many entries as the one from the Apple Store. How do I get the one from the Apple Store to see the entries in the other one?

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@JoeMurray: Thanks for clarifying. So it sounds like the data in the AgileBits version — "1Password 6" — has all the data you want. But you want to use the App Store version instead now? Is that correct? That's what I'm trying to understand.

• JoeMurray
    JoeMurray
    Community Member

Yes, since the app store one will update properly as I understand things.

• JoeMurray
    JoeMurray
    Community Member
    edited March 2018

I can't determine from the interface where the data is stored, and this was configured over a year ago and I've forgotten. Even when both are set to use the same team account , and neither uses another account, one has twice as many entries as the other.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Yes, since the app store one will update properly as I understand things.

@JoeMurray: That's not the case, but I don't blame you for liking the convenience of the App Store. Happy to help you get things setup. :)

I can't determine from the interface where the data is stored, and this was configured over a year ago and I've forgotten. Even when both are set to use the same team account , and neither uses another account, one has twice as many entries as the other.

(I removed your sign in address for privacy reasons, as this is a public forum.)

If you open "1Password 6", you can click the rainbow "All Vaults" icon to view a list of the vaults you have setup there. Do you have any local vaults? These will show up in Preferences > Sync. How about 1Password.com accounts? Those will be listed under Preferences > Accounts. Let me know!

• JoeMurray
    JoeMurray
    Community Member
    edited March 2018

I have a Primary Vault, and a company vault with 6 sub-vaults. The Primary vault is the only one that appears under Sync, and it is Sync'd with None. And as mentioned, there is one company account at mycompany.1password.com, and it is the one with the six sub-vaults. Hmm. Both are now showing all of the items. Perhaps it was an issue of restarting one of them or something. Sorry to bother you and thanks for your help.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@JoeMurray - on behalf of brenty, you're quite welcome. :) Glad we could be of help to you!

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    edited March 2018

@JoeMurray: It's no bother at all! Thanks for the update.

Just to clarify in case it helps anyone else, "Primary" is a local vault and is not ever going to be part of a 1Password.com account. It would have to be sync'd separately to individual devices. Cheers! :)

This discussion has been closed.