Clearing old vault from 1Password v7.

Options
wkleem
wkleem
Community Member
edited April 2023 in 1Password 7 for Windows

How do I clear old local vaults from 1Password v7 Alpha? The Primary vault (AgileKeychain) has not been syncing for some time with 1Password v6 for Windows and is out of date.

I would also want to re-import the data into 1Password.com

Thanks

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    edited February 2018
    Options

@wkleem: I thought you'd never ask! ;)

Just follow the instructions to reset the app. Note that will not delete your local vaults elsewhere on disk or affect data in your 1Password.com account; it will only clear out 1Password's internal database and settings so you can setup the app from scratch.

I'm a bit hesitant to recommend re-migrating your data without more details though.

I hope this helps. Be sure to let me know if you have any other questions! :)

• wkleem
    wkleem
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks! I also had made the mistake ,previously, of importing the same data multiple times!

• wkleem
    wkleem
    Community Member
    Options

@brenty,

There is a minor issue of when my iOS 1Password has a Primary Vault (AgileKeyChain) in Dropbox and when I come back to Windows after making changes in iOS, Windows can't see the changes.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Thanks! I also had made the mistake ,previously, of importing the same data multiple times!

@wkleem: Ah, gotcha. So, are you wanting to start over completely then? I'd recommend deleting all the data in the target vault rather than going nuclear and deleting the account itself. Just less hassle.

There is a minor issue of when my iOS 1Password has a Primary Vault (AgileKeyChain) in Dropbox and when I come back to Windows after making changes in iOS, Windows can't see the changes.

Right. The new Windows app does not yet support syncing to local vaults. While it will not support AgileKeychain going forward, I'd love it if you'l participate in the v7 alpha/beta once we add full local vault support there. :)

• wkleem
    wkleem
    Community Member
    Options

Hi

My first step is the bulk removal of tags. I am still on AgileKeychain and haven’t switched, although I should. My 1Password versions all support Opvault but if I have to run dual AgileKeychain and OPVault, would it be difficult? I was thinking some old 1Password version like 1Password 4 for iOS 7. When did OPVault get started on iOS.

I would love to participate in Standalone 1Password 7 when it comes to that.:)

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

My first step is the bulk removal of tags. I am still on AgileKeychain and haven’t switched, although I should.

@wkleem: Now's a great time since 1Password 7 won't support AgileKeychain. ;)

My 1Password versions all support Opvault but if I have to run dual AgileKeychain and OPVault, would it be difficult?

That won't be possible with 1Password 7 on Windows...and honestly it sounds like you'd just be making more work for yourself if it did.

I was thinking some old 1Password version like 1Password 4 for iOS 7. When did OPVault get started on iOS.

Hmm. I really can't recall for certain, but I think 1Password 4 on iOS may have added OPVault...

Ah, wait, here it is: version 4.5.

I would love to participate in Standalone 1Password 7 when it comes to that.:)

Great! I'll be excited to tell you as soon as we have something ready for you! :chuffed:

• wkleem
    wkleem
    Community Member
    Options

For OPVault to work, it appears that mobile has no ability to create an OPVault, in Android anyway, although 1Password 7 for iOS can create OPVaults ditectly? I've got work to do. :)

Thanks.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

For OPVault to work, it appears that mobile has no ability to create an OPVault, in Android anyway, although 1Password 7 for iOS can create OPVaults ditectly? I've got work to do. :) Thanks.

Good point! That's correct.

• wkleem
    wkleem
    Community Member
    Options

I believe it was mentioned elsewhere about the issue of tags? I cannot seemingly find anything with Tags.I have yet again imported my AgileKeyChain and it now shows an imported time and date stamp. Folders also come through as tags. My Folders had sub folders and that it is one long tag like (Root Folder/Subfolder1/Subfolder2).

• wkleem
    wkleem
    Community Member
    Options

There is something I must not be understanding with Windows and 1Password Tags (or my ingrained muscle memory keeps making me repeat the same old mistakes).

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

I believe it was mentioned elsewhere about the issue of tags? I cannot seemingly find anything with Tags.

@wkleem: I seem to recall that as well, but don't know where that was either. Tags will appear in the list to the right of Categories. Select that and they'll be shown blow instead:

I have yet again imported my AgileKeyChain and it now shows an imported time and date stamp.

That's actually a tag. If you're running the 1Password 7 alpha, you can remove it from all items at once by selecting them and then right-clicking.

Folders also come through as tags. My Folders had sub folders and that it is one long tag like (Root Folder/Subfolder1/Subfolder2).

That's expected. Though tags are more flexible than folders, since they work differently we don't want migrating the data to be lossy, so subfolders are converted in that way. That way everything you'd saved in the subfolder "Root Folder/Subfolder1/Subfolder2" will still be grouped together. You can assign those items a new tag to take the place of that one though if you wish.

There is something I must not be understanding with Windows and 1Password Tags (or my ingrained muscle memory keeps making me repeat the same old mistakes).

Yep. Happens to me too, especially between macOS and Windows (going from Linux to Windows is a bit easier, I find). Not just with 1Password, but I often confuse my keyboard commands! :lol:

• wkleem
    wkleem
    Community Member
    Options

@brenty;

I must be getting ahead of myself. Tried multiple tags search but I doubt it worked! :)

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

I'm not sure I understand. You should be able to tell if something worked or not. Let me know if you need help with something! :)

• wkleem
    wkleem
    Community Member
    edited March 2018
    Options

Thanks. Tags are still limited to single item searches, unlike the Mac. Tried key combos (Ctrl + clicking Tag name) combinations and search All items. It still shows one tag at a time. E.g. I could not display "Agilebits" and "1Password" if there are two different associated tags. In the past, Tagging "Agilebits (space) 1Password" would result in "Agilebits" and "1Password" tag names in the Windows version. I gave up with tagging, hoping for an improvement.

• MikeT
    Options

Hi @wkleem,

There is no support for multiple tags search yet, that's coming in the future when we improve on search itself.

For now, you can do it up to two tags, select the tag on the sidebar and then enter another tag in the item list's search box with this: tag:1Password.

• wkleem
    wkleem
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks @MikeT,

I did try some combinations blindly! Tags : or ; or tags. :) I will try again.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Indeed, as Mike mentioned, you can use tag:tagname to specify the tag you're searching for, and we'll be adding more search options in the future as well. Cheers! :)

• wkleem
    wkleem
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks!

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

:) :+1:

• wkleem
    wkleem
    Community Member
    edited March 2018
    Options

Hi

While not Windows related, 1Password.com does not yet support tags search? I tried e.g. tag: Agilebits but it came up empty.

• MikeT
    Options

Hi @wkleem,

No, it does not support tag search yet. 1Password for Windows' search filters are specific to Windows app only.

We are looking into a better solution to have a consistent search experience across all platforms including the web app. 1Password for macOS has search filters that is exclusive to macOS APIs, so we need to figure out how to make this consistent.

This discussion has been closed.