search all fields - is working partly only

Options
Philipp
Philipp
Community Member

Hello,
Inside 1Password there is the searchbox. There with the pull-down menu I can change the option from search main fields to search all fields. This option is very good. With it 1Password finds more details. But 1Password is not really searching inside all fields.

For example: I have many secure notes also. There this search option is not working unfortunately. Please can you extend the search algorithm for search all fields for secure notes also?

Thanks!

1Password Version: 6.8.2
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• jessyc
    jessyc
    1Password Alumni
    edited September 2017
    Options

Hi @Philipp,

I'm not sure why this isn't available to you, but know that the fine folks at 1Password already thought about this. I can search Secure Notes by typing their name or part of their content, which is indeed very helpful! As you correctly affirmed, the "Search all fields" option needs to be selected in order to search Secure Notes.

Have you tried with different sort of keywords?

In case you didn't know – and it's a feature that is sometimes very handy – you can also search the content of an individual note simply by placing your cursor at the start of the note and pressing ⌘F. Don't tell anyone I told you ;)

• Philipp
    Philipp
    Community Member
    Options

Hello @jessyc

Thanks for your fast response. I tried and can now specify the problem more exactly. There is one kind of fields only, in which is 1Password not searching for. In German it is called "Abschnitt". Maybe in English it's called "segment" or "section". All other fields will be found.

Please try if you have the same problem. If yes please let your developer now this. For me it would be very nice, if the searching would works for this field also.

Thanks!

• Hi @Philipp,

I have filed this request to include section titles in the "all fields" search as OPM-5319.

Rudy

ref: OPM-5319

• jessyc
    jessyc
    1Password Alumni
    edited September 2017
    Options

Hi @Philipp,

I'm glad that my response helped you narrow down the issue.
    And it seems like you are onto something!

After running some tests, it looks like only the content inside the sections labels is searchable, but not the sections titles.

I'm not working for 1Password but I'm sure a support person will see this thread soon. :)

Schönen Tag noch!

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @Philipp and @jessyc - thanks to both of you for jumping into this thread. @rudy's filed this as an issue in our bug-tracker, so hopefully we'll see it addressed in an upcoming release. Thanks for reporting!

• Philipp
    Philipp
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks to all of you! :)

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@Philipp -- you're quite welcome! Enjoy the rest of your week, and keep an eye on the updates. :)

• Philipp
    Philipp
    Community Member
    Options

Hi,
    Maybe do you have any update for this request? :-)
    Thanks and Cheers

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@Philipp - thanks for the follow-up! I don't have anything you can download just now, but this should be included in an upcoming release. :)

• Philipp
    Philipp
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks @Lars
    So it is not forgotten.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@Philipp - Definitely not! :)

This discussion has been closed.