1Password install gone after reboot

Options

After testing 1password on 2 computers we decided we wanted to use it for our company. No problems at all so we purchased the program and we started to install it on the rest of our computers.

Install goes well, The program starts and logging in works like a charm.

Then the first problem comes on:
Chrome extension is not connected and doesn't work.
Reïnstalled the extension and it still does not work.
Reïnstalled chrome and the extension and still nothing.

So i proceed to reboot the computer. after the reboot the whole installation is gone.
Very strange so i try again. reïnstall,reboot, same problem.

Tried another computer, Same problem.

Does anyone have any idea how to fix this. because we allready subscribed for a year.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Mr_Blue1993
    Mr_Blue1993
    Community Member
    Options

Allright, I've gotten a bit further.

I installed the program with the use of an administrator account. so the install goes to the directory of the administrator account.

Made the standard user an administrator and now the app works. The problem with the chrome extension remains.

One strange thing with that is: It works when i just installed the extension. but when i restart chrome the extension stops working (grayed out)

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@Mr_Blue1993: It sounds like you're probably running into some trouble because you're installing 1Password under an admin account (this is not necessary or recommended) and then running it under another user account. Since there are a number of moving parts for 1Password to integrate with browsers, having any of those "owned" by different users can prevent it from working. I'd suggest uninstalling 1Password completely and then reinstalling it under the account where you'll be using it. Let me know how it goes! :)

• Mr_Blue1993
    Mr_Blue1993
    Community Member
    Options

@brenty That's the first thing i tried, But our IT department has some awsome restrictions on the %temp% folders that 1Password seems to be using. i've now got it working on some computers by making the default user an admin. next step is to revoke the admin rights and see if it still works. I'll let you know.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@Mr_Blue1993: Thanks for getting back to me! I'm not sure I understand though. Most Windows app installers use the temp folder. Is this not allowed at all? Apart from that, making the default user admin as a workaround seems pretty extreme, even if it works. Running as admin isn't recommended, which is why it's helpful that 1Password doesn't require that. Have you considered pointing out that their restrictions may actually be having the effect of increasing risk, if they mean you have to run as admin to get things working? I guess that could go really well or really badly though, depending on who you're dealing with... :unamused:

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@arianelu: Thank you for weighing in! :+1:

We have no information about Mr_Blue1993's company and how strict their IT policy is, so let's wait for what he comes back with. Hopefully, we will be able to come up with a better way of running 1Password on his side. Thanks again!

Cheers,
    Greg

This discussion has been closed.