1P created a 38 GB log file

Options

I had 6.8.496 installed. Beta updates turned on. Clicking on check updates said it was up to date.
When I realized that it was 1P rather than IT causing trouble, I exited 1P, rebooted, and found the log file.
At that point, 1P executable was not there so I moved the log to another disk, uninstalled and downloaded a fresh installer. Then I turned beta updates off. So far so good.

1Password Version: 6.8.496
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows 7
Sync Type: subscription

Comments

• @yateveo: This sounds like 1Password was unable to connect to our update server, so it may actually be that either a third-party application or your network settings are preventing the available beta update from happening and potentially a ton of stuff was being logged as a result causing your logs to get out of hand. Those logs would likely let us know exactly what's going on though, rather than guessing. Are you able to compress it to a manageable size where you may be able to send it over to us via e-mail to support+windows @1password.com so we can take a look? I know that's very much too large to e-mail 9 times out of 10, so I understand that may not be a viable option. Let us know if that's not going to work and we'll think up another way to sort it out. Thanks! :chuffed:

• yateveo
    yateveo
    Community Member
    edited March 2018
    Options

It is a 400MB file zipped so email is out. I might be able to put it on google drive and share it with you. Is that an option?

• @yateveo: That would do just fine. Could you e-mail us a share link for the file on Google Drive? I generally love keeping things on the forum for others to find, but in the case of logs that's not a good idea. Include a link to this thread in the e-mail, and when you get a response from our auto-responder, please post the support ID you receive here to help us go hunt it down. Thanks! :chuffed:

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@yateveo: I have found your email on our side, we will take a closer look, and get back to you as soon as possible. Thank you! :+1:

Cheers,
    Greg

ref: CGJ-44478-779

This discussion has been closed.