Not receiving remote changes in 1Password 6

Comments

• netcam
    netcam
    Community Member

I am a newer 1password user with the 1password service and I consistently experience syncing issues between by Windows clients and iOS devices. I will often make a record on my desktop and try to access it on my laptop or vice-versa without success, I have tried to restart the app and lock/unlock but it still does not sync properly so I often have to just wait days between and it will finally show up on the other client. I know the record is reaching your servers because I can typically see the record on my iOS devices but not Windows, it would be nice to have a way to force a sync for these issues.

Jonathan

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

Welcome to the forum, @netcam! You go DAYS between successful syncs? That certainly shouldn't be the case. In fact, it's making me wonder what else might be going on with your specific 1Password setup. The first thing I'd recommend is making sure you have the latest version of 1Password on all your devices. Beyond that, I'd suggest you take a look at the vaults on each device: do you have only the vault(s) from your 1Password account? Or do some of the devices also have a local, Primary vault?

• netcam
    netcam
    Community Member

@Lars All the devices only have the single 1Password account vault, I did check and both Windows computers have the latest version. To give you an example based on the issue I described, yesterday I created a new record on my desktop Windows app and closed it, today I logged into my laptop, opened 1password and unlocked it while connected to the internet and it did not sync (I assume no sync as my new record from my laptop was not there but was on my phone), as suggested I locked the 1password and unlocked multiple times and closed the program, still no sync, so then I created a new test record and it finally synced. It seems to work better with iOS, if I create a record on the desktop it syncs to iOS fine but when trying to pull new records on the desktop (windows) seems to be the problem if it was done on another device (Windows/iOS)

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    edited January 2018

@netcam: Thanks for letting us know! I've split you off into a separate discussion in the Windows category since it doesn't sound like you're using 1Password for Mac at all.

I'm sorry for the trouble there. We've made a lot of improvements to this in the Windows app, but there's certainly room for more. There's a lot more things that can go wrong on Windows with different edge cases with network settings and "security" software that can interfere with notifications that there's been a remote change, so I'd love it if you could try creating a new test item on the iOS device, see if it syncs to Windows, create a new test item on Windows, see if it syncs to iOS, and then generate a diagnostic report on Windows so we can look at the logs to determine exactly what is happening:

https://support.1password.com/diagnostics/

Please send it to support@agilebits.com
    Let me know once you've sent it. There may be something we can do to help in an update. Thanks in advance!

ref: EQS-48951-622

• Sara_B
    Sara_B
    Community Member
    edited January 2018

Hi! I am having the exact same thing happening on my Mac OSX, IOS, and Windows 8.1. Entries entered on my Mac or iphone sync with all Apple Devices, but not my work computer (Windows).
    I am using 1Password for Mac on my Mac, 1Password
    Version 6.8.5 (685003)
    Mac App Store, and 1Password for Windows on my Windows. Not sure of the version, but I just downloaded it 3 days ago.
    Please send me a Support ID # and I will test as you have instructed Netcam.

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni

Hi there @Sara_B,

Thank you for chipping in! Please create a diagnostics report from 1Password on your Windows PC and send it to support@agilebits.com and add the following Support ID (including the square brackets) to the subject of your diagnostics email before sending:

[#QDF-82394-942]

If you’re reading this and you are not Sara_B, this Support ID is for Sara_B only. Please ask us for your own if you also need help.

This will link your diagnostics to our current discussion. Let me know once you've sent it. We will take a look and get back to you as soon as possible. Thank you!

ref: QDF-82394-942

• Sara_B
    Sara_B
    Community Member

I use a Mac. I am sending you the requested report.

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni

Hi @Sara_B,

We have received the report from you and will get back to you via email as soon as possible. Thank you! :+1:

Cheers,
    Greg

This discussion has been closed.