I don't know how to import info from google smart lock to my 1 password

Options

I just stared this 1 password program and I have no idea what I'm doing!! It says you can import your info to 1 password, but I have no idea how. All the information that is being given is confusing. I figured out that google smart lock has my info that I think needs to be imported. I have no idea how to get to it to import it. I'm about to the point where I'm ready to say the hell with it. Everything made it sound easy but not. I need some one to walk me through this, not through a boat load of confusing info at me and on top of that tell me it's easy... How can you help me. Cal 937-726-0750

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:I don't know how to import info from google smart lock to my 1 password

Comments

• Hey, @Jentech48, welcome to the forum! Google Smart Lock is effectively Chrome's password manager on a PC and while it looks like the Chrome team may be working on bringing exporting back, there's not presently a good method to export passwords from Chrome that I'm aware of. Instead, what I usually recommend is to continue filling your credentials as you have been and allowing 1Password to save them over time.

If you install the 1Password extension in your browser, each time you sign in to a site 1Password hasn't saved a Login item for, you'll see a prompt to save it. 1Password will gradually save all of your passwords as you sign into sites and once you're comfortable near everything has been saved, you can turn off Smart Lock in Chrome and start exclusively using 1Password. I had Firefox save most of my passwords prior to using 1Password myself and this is exactly how I handled the transition. I continued to fill passwords as I had been and once I stopped seeing much of that save prompt, I turned Firefox's password manager off and used 1Password along from that point forward. :+1:

I hope this helps, but we're here if you need anything else. :chuffed:

• MrC
    MrC
    Volunteer Moderator
    Options

As an FYI to future web surfers who encounter this thread...

I have just posted an update to the 1.10 version of the converter suite. It now includes a native chrome converter. It will decrypt and convert your Chrome form fill data (Logins, Credit Cards). Both macOS and Windows is supported.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

So great! Thanks for all you do! :chuffed: :+1:

This discussion has been closed.