I just purchased new account and want to migrate data from iphone app (one with Key) to new account.

Options
rnreynolds1
rnreynolds1
Community Member

I only have my 1pass data on my iphone. My old app has a different password than new 1password account

1Password Version: 7.0.4
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: iOS 11.2.1
Sync Type: dropbox
Referrer: forum-search:I just purchased new account and want to migrate data from iphone app (one with Key) to new account.

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@rnreynolds1: If you need to migrate your existing data from a local vault to a new 1Password.com account, just follow the steps here:

Move your existing 1Password data to a 1Password account

I hope this helps. Be sure to let me know if you have any other questions! :)

• rnreynolds1
    rnreynolds1
    Community Member
    Options

That was a piece of cake.

Thanks

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

You're very welcome! We're here if you need anything else. Happy new year! :chuffed:

• Luna100
    Luna100
    Community Member
    Options

This didn't work at all for me. I have the 1Password 4 app and it doesn't show an Account icon as indicated in the Mac instructions:

From the 1Password menu, choose Preferences.
    Click the Accounts icon, then click the + button.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@Luna100 - that's because use of a 1password.com account in 1Password for Mac requires version 6. If you have a Mac that's already running at least OS X 10.10 ("Yosemite"), you can definitely upgrade to 1Password 6 for Mac. If you're either hardware-limited to an earlier version of OS X or you don't want to update for some other reason, I'm afraid you won't be able to use 1password.com accounts in 1Password for Mac. You could still create an account at the main 1Password sign-up page, but you wouldn't be able to add your account into 1Password for Mac.

This discussion has been closed.