1Password 4 Issues, Next Steps?

Options

Hello Agilebits,

I've been using 1Password since 2013, where I bought the Windows and Mac bundle.

I'm a little worried that 1Password 4 is starting to creak and have lots of issues:

• Second urls for a login don't work, only the first url in the list will autofill on a site
  • The shortcut keys only work about 10% of the time to autofill a site
  • I have to constantly restart the 1Password helper to fill some sites
  • and so on...

I looked into an update for local vaults but it seems this won't be happening for a while yet.
What are my other options here?
I'm struggling to stick with the program in its current state.
Thanks.

1Password Version: 4.6.2.625
Extension Version: 4.6.12.90
OS Version: Windows 10
Sync Type: Dropbox

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    edited February 2018
    Options

I've been using 1Password since 2013, where I bought the Windows and Mac bundle.

@hawky525: That's great! Thanks for your support! I'm glad to hear you've been enjoying 1Password for such a long time. :chuffed:

I'm a little worried that 1Password 4 is starting to creak and have lots of issues:

It's definitely showing its age a bit, but I wouldn't count it out yet. ;)

Second urls for a login don't work, only the first url in the list will autofill on a site

It sounds like you have multiple URLs disabled. This is off by default because the performance of decrypting the rest of the data is not great. It's a tradeoff, but you can try it in Preferences > Logins and see which you prefer.

The shortcut keys only work about 10% of the time to autofill a site

Have you tried using a different keyboard shortcut? Which browser version are you using? I don't expect it will be something we can fix at this stage, but there may be a workaround.

I have to constantly restart the 1Password helper to fill some sites
    and so on...

That definitely doesn't sound normal. Is Helper/Agile1PAgent.exe/1Password (32-bit) showing as "not responding" or something?

I looked into an update for local vaults but it seems this won't be happening for a while yet. What are my other options here? I'm struggling to stick with the program in its current state.

The bad news is you're right: 1Password 7 is still a ways off. But the good news is that it's already a public alpha. I wouldn't recommend it for local vaults at this stage since it's very early and syncing is not ready, but it's on the horizon at least. :)

• hawky525
    hawky525
    Community Member
    edited February 2018
    Options

Wow thanks for the speedy reply @brenty.

For the multiple urls that does sound like a tradeoff, I think I will keep that off for now.
    I'll try a different shortcut key combo, at the moment it's the default backslash and ctrl.

The 1Password helped icon in the broswer seems to grey out sometimes and only by going to the main 1Password window > help > restart 1Password helper fixes it.
    Nothing unusual in Task Manager shows for it either.

That's a shame about 7, but I am starting to come to terms with having to pay a subscription for quality software.
    So might just have to suck it up and move over to the new setup to get my hands on 1Pass 6.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@hawky525

So might just have to suck it up and move over to the new setup to get my hands on 1Pass 6

Particularly since 1Password 7 will be a paid upgrade for everyone (except people who purchased very recently), it's probably your best bet. No, scratch that, it's definitely your best bet. There's a long list of benefits to a 1Password membership, but one I want to highlight in particular is that you get unlimited access to all four of our native 1Password apps, including all future upgrades, for as long as you maintain the membership. No more messing around with licenses on multiple platforms, making sure you've purchased upgrades, etc. And not messing about with sync that sometimes works differently on one platform than it does on another - just download the latest version everywhere, sign in, and GO. And yes, it'll give you access to 1Password 6 for Windows right now AND 1Password 7 the moment it's released. I'd give it some serious consideration -- I think all of us here have switched over for our personal 1Password from standalone to either an Individual or 1Password Families account.

• Brad_I
    Brad_I
    Community Member
    Options

Particularly since 1Password 7 will be a paid upgrade for everyone (except people who purchased very recently), it's probably your best bet.

So am I understanding you as saying 1Password 7 will have a stand alone version?

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@Brad_I: It's confusing, I know. There will be no standalone version. But 1Password 7 will be sold as a standalone app for those who want it, with support for local vaults, in addition to working with 1Password.com accounts. So it's not a separate version of the app anymore, as both "flavours" will be supported. Cheers! :)

This discussion has been closed.