Website where the username is split into two sections and I can't get it to fill properly

Options

https://www.boschprovantage.com/Provantage/Login.aspx

There are two fields that need to be filled in for the user name. I've tried formatting it in different ways in 1password but can't get it to fill the fields properly. Does anyone know how to deal with this sort of login page?

Thanks in advance.

1Password Version: 6.8.7
Extension Version: 4.7.0.90
OS Version: 10.13.13
Sync Type: Dropbox
Referrer: forum-search:login username split

Comments

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@boboman13 - Having just tried it myself, I can say that although it's unusual, 1Password should fill it just fine (presuming you're using a current version). I'd recommend you follow these steps to save a login manually in 1Password. Let us know how that works for you!

• boboman13
    boboman13
    Community Member
    Options

@Lars - Yep got it working. I put all the info into the page manually and saved a new login. However, auto submit doesn't work. When that is enabled, it automatically redirects to a "create an account page." But if I disable auto submit for that login, and then let 1Password autofill the username and password, and then click login myself, it does work. Very strange.

Additionally, my 1Password login may have been right the first time, but I assumed it wasn't, because in the 1Password app it only shows the last 4 characters of the login, not the full 8. It's doing that again with the new login, but it still fills in both fields.

Strange, but problem more or less solved.

Thank you!

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @boboman13,

1Password doesn't really understand the idea of a username being split over multiple fields but as you've found, if you save a Login item on a page it will do its best to fill all the fields as they were at the time of saving.

Now I'm unable to fully test the page myself as registration requires an existing purchase but I am curious to something if you're willing to try for us. After 1Password fills, if instead of clicking on the login button, what happens if you leave focus on the password field and press enter, do you get logged in or are you sent to this other page?

• boboman13
    boboman13
    Community Member
    Options

@littlebobbytables - If I fill the fields and press enter while cursor is still in the password field, it redirects to the create an account page. In order to properly login, I have to click with the mouse on the login button, or press tab to move focus to login button then press enter.

Hope that helps. Let me know if you want me to test anything else.

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @boboman13,

That explains why it happens when 1Password submits then. For the vast majority of sites pressing the enter key while focus is on the password field correctly submits the sign-in form so for reasons that aren't clear this site has gone down a different route. In these rare situations you're already using the next best path, set this single Login item not to submit and to submit the form manually. It isn't ideal but it works around the idiosyncratic behaviour of this particular sign-in page.

• boboman13
    boboman13
    Community Member
    Options

:) Sounds good! Thanks all!

• dalton
    Options

@boboman13: On behalf of Lars and littlebobbytables, you're welcome! Be sure to let us know if you have any follow-up questions.

This discussion has been closed.