Password fills in desktop browser but not in mobile

Options

Hi! I have an issue with password filling on rogers.com web site. I have a password saved fort this website. When I use by Safari on my MacBook, 1Passwords works fine - it fills in username and password just fine. But when I open the same website from my mobile phone (iOS) and try to use 1Password to fill in password, the 1Password extension does show the saved record for this website (so it determines that I have a record for this website), but when I click on it to fill in the password, nothing happens, it does not do it. Instead, I have to copy password and paste it manually into the website. Any thoughts on why?

I use 1Password Family all the software is the latest one.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    edited March 2018
    Options

Greetings @ezaritov,

It seems Rogers use an iframe for the sign-in form and currently they pose a problem for 1Password on iOS where we don't have the same functionality and security options as we do on macOS or Windows. In this particular case though it looks like the iframe can be loaded directly and this may allow you to sign in on iOS devices. The URL in question is:

https://www.rogers.com/web/totes/easylogin/signin/en

If you visit that do you find that 1Password not only fills but more importantly that you can successfully log in?

• ezaritov
    ezaritov
    Community Member
    Options

Thank you for quick reply @littlebobbytables and explanations - makes sense, will be waiting for iOS app to catchup with its desktop counterpart.

As for the URL you provided, unfortunately rogers answers with redirect response to http://rdprd.rogers.com:8080/easylogin/signin/ which does not open up.

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @ezaritov,

It's weird. Sometimes that URL loads for me and others I get that weird page you found. It's quite inconsistent although I suppose it's because they didn't intend on direct access :( I'd hoped maybe that would have been a workaround on iOS but it looks like we may be limited to copy and paste - sorry.

• ezaritov
    ezaritov
    Community Member
    Options

No worries, I appreciate you feedback. As long as you are'er going to fix it at some point of time, I'm fine. No rush for me, I rarely login there from mobile (they have mobile app). It was more of a "bug report" :)

• dalton
    Options

We definitely appreciate you making us aware of that website, @ezaritov. It's good to know that copy/pasting won't cause too much trouble until improvements are made. 🙂

This discussion has been closed.