UFCU Login Modal Issues

Options

My Credit Union recently updated their website. The new login requires you hover over the "Sign In" button, and enter your username. This then redirects to another page, where it shows specific account information for security, then asks to enter your password.

This can be tested by hovering over the "Sign In" button, then enter a random string, then click "Login". It will redirect to the password page.

Currently the password page works without any issues.

When navigating to the main page, the modal will not populate the username. A workaround would be to navigation to the URL with the included path https://universityfcu.financialhost.org/Login. This seems to work on populating the username, but not submitting the username to navigate to the new page.

I have followed the instructions provided here: https://support.1password.com/create-multi-page-login/

This has not allowed me to use the modal login, or the submit button on the username URL.

1Password Version: 1Password 6 Version 6.8.7 (687006) AgileBits Store
Extension Version: 1Password extension (desktop app required) 4.7.0.9
OS Version: 10.13.3
Sync Type: 1Password Subscription

Comments

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @MattAttack,

When you say

This seems to work on populating the username, but not submitting the username to navigate to the new page.

are you saying that submitting that form never leads you to the password page as it should if you visit it directly or is it that 1Password isn't submitting the form on your behalf as you expected it to? If it is the latter then the this is due to an explicit rule in 1Password where we don't submit a filled page unless we fill a password field. If we only fill a text field on a page then we become a lot less confident that 1Password filled the correct field. We're less confident because a text field can be used for many things and if 1Password should get it wrong we don't want to further compound the issue by submitting before the user can make an informed decision. As way of example, imagine you're on the home page and 1Password fills a newsletter registration field and it so happened your username is an email address. In that scenario it is better if you can see that this is what 1Password has done and not submit rather than 1Password charge ahead.

1Password will leave focus on the filled field though so pressing the enter key will in most cases advance you forward (mimicking the user pressing the enter key is actually how 1Password works). For the homepage with popup form we can take a look if you can let me know what the URL for the main page is. I tried removing things like the path or subdomain but I couldn't find the homepage this specific URL is related to.

• MattAttack
    MattAttack
    Community Member
    Options

Hi @littlebobbytables,

Thanks for the help. You are correct, that the 1Password is not auto submitting to the next page to populate the password. Once focus is back on the page, hitting enter works. Your explanation makes sense, I would rather have to explicitly move forward, then deal with complications and trying again.

The main URL is https://www.ucreditu.com/, I apologize for missing that. The modal only stays active onMouseEnter, and onMouseLeave, it applies a class to hide the modal.

Best Regards,
    Matt

• dalton
    Options

Thanks for sharing that URL, @MattAttack. Unfortunately, it won't be possible to fill both the username field on ucreditu.com and the password field on universityfcu.financialhost.org with the same Login item since these are two completely different domains. I believe the easiest approach here would be to create a single Login item for both the username and password fields located on the universityfcu.financialhost.org domain. You'll still need to manually move forward to the password field after 1Password fills your username, but it will at least be doable without having to mess with multiple Login items.

This discussion has been closed.