Hi. I need some help regarding how my credit/debit cards are autofilling. Thanks!

TomMcL
TomMcL
Community Member
edited March 2018 in 1Password in the Browser

I have an Amazon Credit Card (through Mastercard) that wrongly autofills as Mastercard Debit instead of Mastercard Credit and a First Direct Debit Card (through Visa) that wrongly autofills as Visa Electron instead of Visa Debit. Can you help me correct this? Many thanks,

1Password Version: 7.0.5
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Dropbox
Referrer: forum-search:Credit

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@TomMcL: Thanks for reaching out. Can you elaborate? 1Password doesn't have a "Mastercard Debit" or "Mastercard Credit" option, only "MasterCard". Are you referring to a specific website? If so, it would be helpful to know the URL where you're having trouble. Thanks! :)

• TomMcL
    TomMcL
    Community Member
    edited March 2018

Hi - Forgive me as I’ve misled you. What I should have said was that after I select the card I wish to use in 1Password it autofills on the payment page incorrectly. The website I’m using is https://beautifuljoes.com/checkout/ from where I’m taken to their secure payment site at https://secure.totalwebsecure.com/paypage/clear.asp. I’ve attached a screenshot of what it displays in the drop down tab at the payment page. If I’ve selected my First Direct debut card in 1Password then it shows up on the payment page as a Visa Electron, not Visa Debit card. And if I select my Amazon Mastercard in 1Password then it shows up as a Mastercard Debit card rather than a Mastercard Credit card. [screenshot removed for privacy]

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    edited March 2018

@TomMcL: Ah, thank you! I don't think there was anything wrong with your description; it just helps to see the context like that. I haven't ever seen quite that many Visa- and Mastercard- options together like that before, so I'm not terribly surprised that we have some work to do to improve 1Password in this case.

It appears that this is just a matter of 1Password picking the first menu item that matches either "Visa" or "Mastercard", depending on which you're filling. I'm not sure if it would be a good idea to try to have it match exactly, as that could cause issues for other sites, but we'll see what we can do. Thanks for bringing this to our attention! :)

ref: opxi-112, b5x-313

• TomMcL
    TomMcL
    Community Member

Thanks so much, Brenty.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Likewise, thanks for this! It's a really interesting test case. :)

This discussion has been closed.