Windows10,Firefox58,1Password App OK, extension opens blank window, show password asks for secret k

I have a new Windows 10 build with Firefox 58. 1Password Icon opens blank window and 'Show Password' asks for secret key which I do not have. 1Pasword app works fine an shows all my data. How do I get 1Password to work with Firefox?

1Password Version: 4
Extension Version: 4.2.2
OS Version: Windows 10
Sync Type: Dropbox
Referrer: forum-search:Firefox

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@sladen_hope: It sounds like the issue is you've installed two very different versions of 1Password. You mentioned you're using 1Password 4 and Dropbox, which means local vaults, but what you're describing is 1Password 6 in the browser. That will mean you have to login with a 1Password Account, but you will only have one if you've signed up for a 1Password.com membership. That’s the only way you’ll have a Secret Key or Sign In URL, or be able to access your data through 1Password.com. So in that case you won't need 1Password 4. Otherwise, you can use 1Password 4 without an account, and then you won't need 1Password 6. Does that help?

• sladen_hope
    sladen_hope
    Community Member

You are exactly right. I was trying to build up my new PC and the difference between 1Password 4 and 1Password 6 was unclear at the time. I have now reactivated 1Password 4 on the new PC and checked the "Use Native Messaging protocol" which was a mystery to me and all is now good. Browser icons all work. Thank you.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@sladen_hope: Thanks for the update. I hate being right about things like that though. I'm sorry for the confusion that's caused you, as it's entirely our fault. We're working hard to get 1Password 7 ready for everyone though, so there will be no more situations with installing multiple versions. Anyway, glad you're up and running now, but we're here for you if you need anything else. :blush:

This discussion has been closed.