Luke Woodhouse

Options

Over time the big 4 browsers have got slower and slower, long gone are the days of Firefox being lightweight :)

I've been looking at newer lightweight browsers, yet none seem to support the extension for 1 password.

Do u know of any, or might u be plaiing for a Lightweight browser with extension support?

Thanks

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:the main browsers are full of bloated ware I need a light browser that supports 1pwd. Is there 1?

Comments

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hello @betaTesters,

There are currently no plans to expand browser support in the native 1Password applications. Our current listed of supported browsers is:

• Safari (macOS only)
    • Edge (1Password 6 for Windows only)
    • Firefox
    • Chrome
    • Vivaldi
    • Opera
    • Brave

Maybe one of the latter three may be a viable alternative? Not sure if it counts as lightweight but I'm a Vivaldi fan (brought to us by the original people behind Opera). If you're a 1Password account user one possibility may be 1Password X although it has only been tested in Chrome. It may mean it works in other, untested Chromium based browsers though.

• betaTesters
    betaTesters
    Community Member
    Options

Much obliged I may try that browser

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@betaTesters - cheers! Vivaldi's a great option, if you were a fan of the original Opera. Glad littlebobbytables was able to point you in the right direction.

This discussion has been closed.