To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

Is there any option that current user get discount for subscription license?

Options
SharkIng
SharkIng
Community Member

I know that the subscription license is affordable. I noticed that the subscription plan have few more new feature that I am interested in and I would like to try it. However, as we have already purchased standalone license and it works for current working version, I believe more people would like to stay with existing standalone license to save ~30 bucks per year. IMO, those new feature is not complete rewrite and should not consider as an major upgrade as same as "from 2.x to 3.x".

Everyone will understand that "if you buy a license for version 2 of a product, you will get all 2.x releases for free, but upgrading to version 3 might require another purchase." Although, a lot of software company provide an upgrade price and a new license price. For instance, another well-known app Alfred offer an option for your existing license to upgrade to newer version: https://www.alfredapp.com/powerpack/upgrade/

Thus, I am wondering if 1Password have option and offer a discount / promotional price for existing user who hold a valid license of a working version but also want to upgrade to subscription plan.

Thanks

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:Is there any option that you get discount for Standalone Pro license?

Comments

• SharkIng
    SharkIng
    Community Member
    Options

Also, could you please provide a link that have complete comparison chart of different feature that between old standalone license and 1password.com subscription license (Family Plan)

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    edited March 2018
    Options

@SharkIng: Thanks for getting in touch! We're not really into charts, but you can find a list of 1Password.com membership perks here:

What are the benefits of a 1Password membership?

And indeed, 1Password.com can't even be called a "re-write" because it's a brand new service we built form the ground up over the course of years. It was a lot of work (and continues to be) and includes brand new features, so we do feel it's important to charge sustainable prices for it so we can continue doing that.

But we have offered a number of promotions over the years since we launched 1Password.com (it's been over two now!) While we don't have any going right now, if you'll shoot us an email at support@1password.com and post the Support ID you receive here we'll be happy to help you make the transition. Cheers! :)

ref: NKR-88865-557

This discussion has been closed.