Hide items but not delete

I would like a way to hide items in my vault. For example, I have some older passwords I no longer use any more. Now, I could move the passwords to Trash, but emptying the trash gets rid of them. I want to keep them, but some how mark them hidden.

The closest I've seen is the Display checkbox which hides the item from my browser plugin. But I see two issues with the checkbox... First, when it is checked and I'm in the main app I can't tell if it is checked or not. Can the checkbox be made visible when the option is selected in the main app? Second, Can we take it a step further and further mark the item? Maybe grey out my item in the item list?

Is the Display option even the right thing? Or is there a better way to do this?

1Password Version: 7.0.525
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows 10 Pro
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni

Hi there @scott_savarese,

Thank you for reaching out and using 1Password! :+1:

While it is not possible to hide items in 1Password at the moment, you can create a special vault for items like this, call it "Archive", and then exclude it from "All Vaults" view. That is what I do myself.

Could you please give it a try and let me know if it works for you? Thanks!

Cheers,
    Greg

• scott_savarese
    scott_savarese
    Community Member

@Greg, Thanks for the info. I didn't realize I can do that with alternate vaults. The big issue I see there is that whenever I go to one of the sites in my Archive vault, I won't get a reminder that I already have an account. I'll use the Archive vault for now and let you know if I see any big issues with it.

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni

@scott_savarese: In my archive vault I put items that I no longer use or use very rarely. If you sign in to the website in the browser, you can always switch to your archive vault in 1Password extension and check if you have an old item there.

Let us know if it suits your needs. If it doesn't, we will be looking forward to your feedback. Thank you!

Cheers,
    Greg

This discussion has been closed.