How to you get 1password to correctly auto-fill a credit card date with 4 digits (i.e., MM/YY)?

Firefox Quantum 58.0.1 (64-bit)
Windows 10
One example website: www.grubhub.com
Clicking my saved MasterCard autofills the "Expires on" field with 00/32 instead of 03/21. In 1password, I have "03/2021" stored as my "expiry date" for that card.

1Password Version: 6.8.496
Extension Version: 4.6.12.90
OS Version: Windows 10 Home
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:grubhub autofill

Comments

• @goleskim: We have a similar issue with Patreon related to expiration dates with leading zeros and I suspect this is related. I can, indeed, reproduce this myself on GrubHub since I have an account there. I passed along your feedback to the development teams to help them address the issue. Thanks for letting us know! :chuffed:

• goleskim
    goleskim
    Community Member

Thank you.

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni

@goleskim: On behalf of Kate you are very welcome! :) Please let us know if there is anything else we can help you with, we are always here for you. Thanks!

Cheers,
    Greg

• Lance3495
    Lance3495
    Community Member

I'm having a similar issue, but not with leading zeros, where it enters the month correctly but the year only captures the first two characters instead of the last two. The expiration date I'm entering is 07/2023. 1Password parses it as 07/20 instead of 07/23.

Browser: Firefox Quantum 58.0.2
    Example website: www.kickstarter.com; saving a credit card number

• @Lance3495: Thanks for passing that along! I see the same thing on Kickstarter. I'll work with the development team to track down why this is happening and see what we can do to get it fixed up. :chuffed:

• svensken73
    svensken73
    Community Member

Hi!
    I'm having a related problem on almost all European shopping sites. Most of them require MM/YY and the 1Password autofill function fails because of it's format MM/YYYY

Is this something you are aware of? The problem has been there for years, but I haven't bothered reporting it until now.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@svensken73:

Can you please give us some more information about your setup? Specifically

• 1Password desktop app version
    • Browser used
    • Browser version
    • Version of the 1Password browser extension
    • Operating system
    • URL to a website where this is happening so we can test it too

Thank you!