Is a personal account automatically created when a family account is opened?

hoganp999
hoganp999
Community Member

Hi. Forgive the newbie question: I took out a family subscription yesterday on trial basis; no previous personal subscription. I wasn't aware that a personal account had been created. My first attempt at saving login details saw it being created under a personal account / vault rather than the family account / private vault. Some questions:
1. Is this expected?
2. can the personal account be deleted?
Thanks

1Password Version: 6.8.8
Extension Version: 4.7.0
OS Version: OSX 10.13.3
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:automatic personal account

Comments

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

Welcome to the forum, @hoganp999! 1password.com accounts are created by visiting https://start.1password.com/ - they cannot be created any other way. When you sign up for a 1Password Families account, that's all you get -- a personal account is not created.

If you only created (signed up for) the 1Password Families account, then it sounds as if what you're experiencing might be either that you created a local (standalone) vault instead, or that what you're seeing is the Personal vault of your 1Password Families account. In 1Password Families, each member has a Personal vault (not account), for their own individual items that no one else uses, like your own email accounts, your personal Facebook login, etc. -- and you also get access to the family-wide Shared vault, which is a great place to store the items you DO want to share, like the Netflix password or garage door codes, etc.

This discussion has been closed.