Merging accounts into family account

pdanielson
pdanielson
Community Member

I am trying to combine my wife's passwords and my passwords in a family account and am failing. I don't understand how to get all of the passwords in one account that can be then used by each of us on our different platforms.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:I am trying to combine my wife's passwords and my passwords in a family account and am failing. Help

Comments

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

Welcome to the forum, @pdanielson! A 1Password Families account gives each member a Private vault for personal items, as well as access to the family-wide Shared vault. The reason for this is that while you may not have secrets from your wife, you probably DO have separate logins for many sites Do you both use Facebook? Then you each have a separate login for that, I'm guessing. That's what the Private (or Personal) vault is for. The Shared vault is a great place to put items like what I think you're describing: things you both will use, like the bank account, credit cards, shared logins like the family Netflix password, and the like.

Do you really want to combine every password and other item that each of you has into one single vault?

This discussion has been closed.