Troy Hunt and 1Password

wkleem
wkleem
Community Member
edited March 2018 in Lounge

Both of you guys are impressive. It is experimental at this stage but is keyboard driven. What is the shortcut to Pwned Passwords from 1Password again?

Thanks.

Comments

• thightower
    thightower
    Community Member

@wkleem

Using web access for 1Password memberships only.

Enter the magic keyboard sequence Shift-Control-Option-C (or Shift+Ctrl+Alt+C on Windows) to unlock the proof of concept.

From https://blog.agilebits.com/2018/02/22/finding-pwned-passwords-with-1password/

If it went live in the app, I apologize as I must have missed it.

• wkleem
    wkleem
    Community Member

Thanks @thightower.

It only works from desktop browser, not iOS or Andriod and not the standalone apps as far as I can tell. Hopefully, we can see some features which makes use of this.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    edited March 2018

@wkleem: Yep! I can't say when, but we definitely want to make Watchtower more powerful, and on all platforms. Cheers! :)

@thightower: Not yet. I'm sure we'll have more to share once we do. ;)

• wkleem
    wkleem
    Community Member

Troy Hunt has now gone into partnership with Mozilla and Okta as well. The tool from Mozilla it is called Mozilla Monitor.

https://blog.mozilla.org/futurereleases/2018/06/25/testing-firefox-monitor-a-new-security-tool/

Good work on the new Watchtower 2.0.

• Thanks for the kind words @wkleem. :)

Ben

• wkleem
    wkleem
    Community Member

@Ben,

Me having been accustomed to the old Security Audit from the Mac, where it stayed for a long time, and I cannot upgrade to 1Password 7 on the Mac, Watchtower 2.0 will take some getting used to if I have to switch back and forth between old and new?

Mojave will be out but I am still on El Capitan as that is what my Mac can support.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

That makes sense. And certainly 1Password 6 isn't going anywhere and will work for you on El Capitan in the mean time. Cheers! :)

This discussion has been closed.