Aetna member website not populating username

When using any browser (Chrome, Firefox, Safari), my username doesn't populate (password does though) on this Aetna member website:
https://member.aetna.com/appConfig/login/login.fcc

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:Aetna member website not populating username?

Comments

• Hey @dscaglione. I don't have an account with Aetna, but manually saving a Login with dummy credentials worked for me. Can you try saving a new Login with your Aetna credentials using the following guide?

How to save a Login manually in your browser

Let me know if 1Password does a better job of filling the new Login.

• dscaglione
    dscaglione
    Community Member

Unfortunately, same results as before. Is there a way to tweak 1Password to change which html field it's looking for when it tries to populate the username?

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni

Sorry that didn’t work for you, @dscaglione.

Can you let us which versions of 1Password, the extension, operating system, and browser you’re using so we can get a better idea what to suggest you try next? Thanks in advance!

• dscaglione
    dscaglione
    Community Member

Yes, I'm on 1Password 6.8.8, Chrome 65.0.3325.162 (latest 64-bit) and OSX 10.12.6 with 1Password Chrome extension of 4.7.0.90

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni

Hello @dscaglione,

Odd, my own findings mirrored Dalton's and my test Login item worked in both Vivaldi (Chromium based) and Firefox.

When you saved a new Login item did you save an entirely new one or did you update an existing one? Dalton was looking for you to save an entirely new one as updating is more aimed at password change forms.

Just in case it highlights anything I'm attaching a screenshot of my test item. Now these are public forums so you don't want to be displaying the same but my item only contains dummy data.

To compare you would want to edit your Login item and click the show web form details button. Now if it's a brand new item then they should look identical except where mine says someone yours will contain your username. Do they look the same?

• dscaglione
    dscaglione
    Community Member

Yes, that matches mine exactly.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@dscaglione: Odd. Are you experiencing issues at other websites too, or just that one?

• dscaglione
    dscaglione
    Community Member

This is the only one I’ve ever had an issue with.

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni

Greetings @dscaglione,

It's very odd, we should see identical behaviour as I'm running the exact same setup. I just tried the Login item I saved from three days ago and both fields fill. There must be something different that we're not factoring in. Can you try the following for me please and report back with your observations.

1. Please open a fresh tab in Chrome and manually visit https://member.aetna.com/appConfig/login/login.fcc

Q1. What is the state of the username and password fields as well as the remember me checkbox?

1. Click the 1Password Browser Extension button in the Chrome toolbar and select your aetna Login item which I assume will be listed directly below the search field in 1Password mini.

Q2. What fields change? I'm also interested in the remember me checkbox.

1. Please toggle the remember me checkbox so that if it is currently disabled that you enable it and vice versa.
    2. Fill using the same Login item.

Q3. Does 1Password revert the change to the remember me checkbox?

If this doesn't highlight something I'll create a template Login item that works for me and attach it here in a way where you can add it to your vault. That way we can discover if you still experience differing results even with the same item.

• dscaglione
    dscaglione
    Community Member

Yes, I've done just that with the same results.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@dscaglione: Please answer the questions above, as that may help us figure out what's causing you trouble. Thanks in advance! :)

This discussion has been closed.