1Password 7 for Windows Alpha 3 is here!

2»

Comments

• BrisbaneMango
    BrisbaneMango
    Community Member

Excellent! Many thanks for your prompt and detailed response.

Wish me luck...I'm going in!

• You're welcome and have fun!

• petalhanger
    petalhanger
    Community Member

I had a quick look but it was too stressful to find all my attachments missing :( I'll wait until they are fully supported before I try again I think. One question: you mention up there ^^ that 1PW4 and 1PW7 use the same OPV format... but I'm still using agile keychain and I'm on the latest 1PW4 4.6.2.626 did I miss something?

• Hi @petalhanger,

Thanks for writing in.

I had a quick look but it was too stressful to find all my attachments missing :(

I understand, we're working on that for the next update. Just to be clear, your attachments aren't missing, they're still there in your vault, they're just not pulled into the local database yet. Once we add the support, we'll detect the attachments and merge it into the local database.

One question: you mention up there ^^ that 1PW4 and 1PW7 use the same OPV format... but I'm still using agile keychain and I'm on the latest 1PW4 4.6.2.626 did I miss something?

1Password 4 has support for both AgileKeychain and OPVault formats. 1Password 1 was originally designed for AgileKeychain format, OPVault came later in the 1Password 4 update but it wasn't set as the default format. 1Password 7 will be the first Windows version that is built with OPVault in mind and will only support that vault format.

You can export the data from the existing AgileKeychain vault you have, create a new OPVault in 1Password 4 (File Menu > New 1Password Vault, change the Save type as OPVault) and import the data into it.

We would recommend that you wait for us to add the automatic conversion in 1Password 7 rather than using 1Password 4.

• mortstar
    mortstar
    Community Member

Thank you AgileBits.

Finally standalone vault + non-subscribers are back in the game! I've been using 1Password since v3 on Mac OS X and have since bought licenses for iOS, Android and Windows.

This feels like a massive leap forward (even at Alpha stage) after having been forced to stay on 1Password4 for Windows up until now. Keep up the excellent progress and looking forward to seeing the standalone licensing cost so I can continue to support your work.

Please don't leave us non-subs in the cold again. :)

• yelladog_superjet
    yelladog_superjet
    Community Member
    edited March 2018

is it currently unavailable to fill passwords in apps (non browser windows) in 1pw7 alpha 3? In 1pw4 it was holding down ctrl while in the edit login page?

• MikeT
    edited March 2018

Hi guys,

@mortstar, Thanks for your feedback, we agree, 1Password 7 feels like a huge leap forward compared to 1Password 4 and we're still working on reimplementing some of the awesome features we have in 1Password 4 that's not yet in 1Password 7 like Auto-Type. It'll keep getting better and better and your support is what keeps us going.

@yelladog_superjet, Auto-Type is not yet available and will not be in the first 1Password 7.0 stable release. We definitely do plan to implement it but we don't have a timeframe.

We did implement the first step to getting to Auto-Type, the Type in Window feature. You can bring up 1Password mini, right-click on the item to expand its field copy menu to type into a specific running window. It will evolve into Auto-Type in time.

• pbryanw
    pbryanw
    Community Member

Hi, I have a few small observations regarding the 1Password 7 Alpha.

The first one, is what happens if you upload a custom icon for an item (login, licence etc.) where a rich icon doesn't currently exist, and then at a later date, one becomes available. Could there by a way for the app to tell you that an updated icon is available?

The second is something I've seen when running the Alpha in a Window's 10 Parallel's VM under macOS. I've noticed that when I switch to Coherence mode, a 1Password icon often pops up in my Mac dock, indicating that 1Password is running. I believe this only starting happening with version 7, and wonder if this is due to a change in the way 1Password 7 runs in the background? Thanks :+1:

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Hi, I have a few small observations regarding the 1Password 7 Alpha.

@pbryanw: Thank you!!! :chuffed:

The first one, is what happens if you upload a custom icon for an item (login, licence etc.) where a rich icon doesn't currently exist, and then at a later date, one becomes available. Could there by a way for the app to tell you that an updated icon is available?

It's an interesting idea, but we don't currently have plans for anything like that. 1Password for Mac does not do this either, and it sounds like a great way to annoy a lot of people who've intentionally gone to the trouble to set a custom icon. The expectation is that's the one you want if you've added it manually. I like the suggestion though, just not sure about how it could be useful without getting in people's way.

The second is something I've seen when running the Alpha in a Window's 10 Parallel's VM under macOS. I've noticed that when I switch to Coherence mode, a 1Password icon often pops up in my Mac dock, indicating that 1Password is running. I believe this only starting happening with version 7, and wonder if this is due to a change in the way 1Password 7 runs in the background? Thanks :+1:

That makes sense. If the 1Password process is running, you should have an icon for it. Are you saying that this is happening after you've quit 1Password completely? Double check Task Manager. It sounds like that's not the case.

• pbryanw
    pbryanw
    Community Member

@brenty - Thanks for your feedback. I totally agree with you regarding the icon idea - it would probably introduce more complications than the problem it solves - so it makes more sense to have the user's custom icons as default :+1:

Regarding Parallel's, I think I started seeing this behaviour with 1Password 7, though it could be possible that it took the new Alpha's for me to notice. Usually, apps that run in the background (those with just system tray icons) don't show up in the Mac Dock when I switch to Coherence, but 1Password sometimes does when it's running in the background.

It's not a nuisance or any kind of problem - it just made me wonder why it started happening - so I will leave it there for now. Thanks for hearing me out :chuffed: :+1:

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@pbryanw: Refresh my memory: were you using 1Password 4 previously? If so, that makes sense, as 1Password 7 (and 6 before it) is a single executable. 1Password 4 had a system tray-only component, which wouldn't have shown up as a regular app for you when the main window was closed. So 1Password 7 is different in that regard. Does that help? :)

• pbryanw
    pbryanw
    Community Member
    edited March 2018

@brenty - Hi, thanks for your help with this - it turns out there was a totally innocent answer for why this was happening (briefly, a macOS re-install was responsible) :blush:

The longer answer, is that I only use Coherence in Parallels for one app. So, with this in mind, I keep the Window's 10 folder in Applications (Parallels) locked under macOS, so further Window apps can't be created.

My reinstallation of macOS had caused this folder to become unlocked and filled with apps again (including 1Password). Once I'd cleared it out, and made sure it was locked again, that was the end of the 1Password icon in Coherence :+1:

• MikeT
    edited March 2018

Hey folks,

We've shipped 1Password 7 Alpha 4 here: https://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/87498/1password-7-for-windows-alpha-4-is-here

@pbryanw, ah that actually makes sense. Thanks for letting us know!

This discussion has been closed.