Extension becomes unresponsive in Firefox, Win7

EB255GTX
EB255GTX
Community Member
edited March 2018 in 1Password 4 for Windows

So - for a good 6 months now and over several 1Password updates, this happens:

Occasionally, without a pattern I can discern, the 1Password browser extension stops working in that pressing the icon in the menu bar does nothing at all. Restarting the browser does nothing. Starting the main 1Password app doesn't help. A logoff or reboot does help. A shorter path to a fix (time wise) is that i reinstall the extension and all is good again.

What other info or logs can I provide to you guys?

1Password Version: 4.6.2.626(24)
Extension Version: 4.7.0.90 (Firefox)
OS Version: 6.1.7601 SP1
Sync Type: Dropbox
Referrer: forum-search:firefox

Comments

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni

Hi there @EB255GTX,

Thank you for reporting this! This is quite strange. Could you please try to do the following the next time you bump into this issue:

1) Go to 1Password 4 > Help > Restart 1Password Helper. Does the issue remain after that?

2) Check how 1Password extension works in another browser, for example, Chrome. Do you see the same behaviour there?

Thanks in advance! :+1:

Cheers,
    Greg

• EB255GTX
    EB255GTX
    Community Member

Thanks Greg - I will do that, I have the extension installed in Chrome as well as FF, but without identifying the pattern i just need to use the browser for a few days and I'm kinda all set up in FF :-) .
    Next time it happens I will do the Helper restart you suggest - should i try this first and check the effect on FF, or would it be good to start CHrome and see if it is broken there as well? I would imagine the Helper would affect both browsers?

• EB255GTX
    EB255GTX
    Community Member

Well looky what we have here.... this thing that sometimes takes a week to happen, happened just now!
    Sequence of events:
    1. Tried to use the extension in FF - button presses but nothing happens, it;s not greyed out, just doesn't do anything.
    2. Did the "restart 1Password Helper" as Greg requested - still no go
    3. Started Chrome and tried the extension - works fine
    4. Back to FF to see if Chrome affected anything, still unresponsive

So i am currently in the unresposnsive state (well, not me, the extension!) if you want any other testing or logging I can do that until manual passwords become too annoying :-)

• @EB255GTX: Some logs may be of help here, but make sure you close Chrome completely before gathering them. Chrome and Firefox share some helper processes and, while they should work fine together, it's best to isolate Firefox so Chrome isn't making the logs misleading.

I'd like to ask you to create a diagnostics report from your Windows PC:

Sending Diagnostics Reports (Windows)

Do not post your diagnostics here, but do attach the diagnostics to an email message addressed to support+windows@agilebits.com.

Please include a link to this thread in your e-mail to help us "connect the dots" when we see your diagnostics in our inbox.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number.  If you post that number here, that will help us hunt down your diagnostics so we can ensure we get back to you as quickly as possible. :+1:

Thanks very much! :chuffed:

• EB255GTX
    EB255GTX
    Community Member
    edited March 2018

OK - I have just sent the report, with unfortunately the note below:

Hi,

Attached are diagnostics as requested in this thread: https://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/comment/417656#Comment_417656

PLEASE NOTE: This diagnostic report was captured the next day, and my PC had done updates and rebooted overnight, so the "non responsive button" action was not present at the time of caturing this report. I will resend a report the next time the behaviour is happening....

The Support ID number is #KIZ-94654-385

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni

Hi @EB255GTX,

I see that we have already replied to your email with a report. Could you please check your inbox now and reply there? Thanks! :+1:

Cheers,
    Greg

ref: KIZ-94654-385

• EB255GTX
    EB255GTX
    Community Member

Greg - no problem, I am waiting for the issue to happen again then will resend a diagnostics report :-)

• EB255GTX
    EB255GTX
    Community Member

Just re-occurred, new report sent.

• Thanks for the new report @EB255GTX! I see you're already in touch with someone from the support team, so to avoid confusion, I'll leave y'all to discuss this via e-mail. :chuffed:

ref: KIZ-94654-385

This discussion has been closed.