Attachment not synchronized to iPad. I run 1Password for Windows version 4.6.2.626

Existings Secure Notes don't update with Attachment. New Secure Notes dont enclosed Attachment. Dont function for iPad and iPhone.

1Password Version: 4.6.2.626
Extension Version: 4.7.0.90
OS Version: Version 10.0.16299 Build 16299
Sync Type: WLAN
Referrer: forum-search:Attachment not synchronized to iPad. I run 1Password for Windows version 4.6.2.626

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@mqman: It sounds like you may be using an older vault format, AgileKeychain. Is that the case? Attachments can only sync via WLAN Server using OPVault. Let me know!

• mqman
    mqman
    Community Member

Hi Brendy. Yes - I was running AgileKeyChain and have now changed to OPVault. Unfortunately same result. FYI - I running 1Password 2 and have the latest update. Your guide only mention 1Password 6 and 4. I using 1Paaword 2, because my license is based on this. Give this any problems? 1Password on my iPad is also updated and use Version 7.0.6. Look forward to hear from you.

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni

Hi @mqman,

Could you please open and unlock 1Password on your computer and go to Help > About 1Password. What version do you see there?

Thanks! :+1:

Cheers,
    Greg

• mqman
    mqman
    Community Member

1Password for Windows
    Version 4.6.2.626
    Registrered to:

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni

@mqman: Thank you for the confirmation!

Since you are using 1Password 4 for Windows, please try to create a new attachment now in OPVVault and check if it syncs. If it doesn't, please share the exact steps you're taking, and what is (or is not) happening the way you expect so we can figure out the best plan of action.

Thank you! :+1:

Cheers,
    Greg

• mqman
    mqman
    Community Member

1 Create New Item Secure Note
    2 Title: MQMan Test Secure Note
    3 Body: Test in Body
    4 OK.
    5 Attach a *.jpg document
    6 Attach a *.pdf document
    7 Exit 1Password
    8 Open 1Password
    9 Check MQMan Test Secure Note is inclussive Body Text and Atteched files
    10 WLAN Sync
    11 Open iPad 1Password
    12 Key in Master Password on PC and Sync start
    13 Still no Attachment
    14 Change Body Text on Secure Note
    15 Generate New Secret and follow the procedure for Sync
    17 Body Text changed. Still no Attachment on iPad

• mqman
    mqman
    Community Member

Can it be something about Firewall or other limitations?

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@mqman: Hmm. I don't think so. Earlier you mentioned "1Password 2", and I assumed that was a typo. But I realize that we may be looking at the wrong thing, as I have no idea what your setup is on your mobile devices. Can you tell me the OS and 1Password versions you have on those?

• mqman
    mqman
    Community Member

Yes - of course. Information about iPad.
    IOS 11.2.6 (Today a new update available, but not installed)
    Under 'Review 1Password' on my iPad Version 7.0.6 is mention.
    Basicly I normally is updated on all units.
    When I mention "1Password 2" I recognized the folder on my PC "C:\Users\han\Documents\1Password\1Password 2.opvault"
    Maybe I use a Old not supported version of 1Password? Untill now this function. Hmn...
    FYI - I have secure notes, which earliere have been updated with attach documents, but now it don't function.

• @mqman: The answer is in that filepath – C:\Users\han\Documents\1Password\1Password 2.opvault. That's a local folder which means it only existing on your PC. That won't sync to your iPad, because your iPad has no way to connect to a local folder on your PC. Could you grab one more bit of info for us here? On your iPad, open and unlock 1Password, then tap Settings > Vaults > Primary. You should see Sync Service here. If you're syncing this vault, it will display your sync service (Dropbox, for example). If you're not, it will say "Start syncing." Let us know what you see there. This will tells us where your iPad is looking for updates. Thanks! :chuffed:

• mqman
    mqman
    Community Member

Settings>Syncronize>Primary>Sync Services. My Sync Service is WLAN.
    I start Sync. now and my Vaults is upudated with new Entries and update old entries. Exception Attachments. Hmn...
    Last Sync> 10 seconds since.

• mqman
    mqman
    Community Member

1 I have now Removed 1Password from my Ipad.
    2 I have downloaded latest 1Password from App Store
    3 When I open> Already user of 1Password>WLAN-server> etc. Following the process.
    4 After Sync I have all my entries, but Still without Attacthment.
    5 I Change a text in a secure Note, Sync and text is changed on iPad. So this part is OK.
    6 I Create a new account, Sync and new Account created. Still without Attachment.

Reopen 1Password Vault - I have 3 possibilites
    C:\Users\han\Documents\1Password\1Password 2.opvault (This is what I use)
    C:\Users\han\Documents\1Password\1Password 2.agilekeychain
    C:\Users\han\Documents\1Password\1Password.agilekeychain

Could there be a place on registration DB (HKEY) where we tell we use old Vault to select attachment?

• mqman
    mqman
    Community Member

I have now sent an 'Diagnostics Report' to Support.

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni

Hi @mqman,

I have found your email on our side, so let's continue the conversation there. Thanks! :+1:

Cheers,
    Greg

ref: SZH-63863-697

• mqman
    mqman
    Community Member

No problem,
    If you need Teamviewer to control my screen you are welcome

Cheers
    Helge

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

That isn't a service we sell. We'll continue the conversation via email.

This discussion has been closed.