B of A rejects your browser: Always need to enter PW before I get to account

B of A now continually refuses to let me in automatically. I have to enter my password each time. Also this is becoming more of a problem with other accounts as well. Ready Fresh is another.

1Password Version: 6.8.6
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OS High Sierra 10.13.3
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:B of A rejects your browser: Always need to enter PW before I get to account

Comments

• wordpass
    wordpass
    Community Member

Give me a number to call and a person.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    edited February 2018

@wordpass: Thanks for reaching out. I’m sorry for the confusion! I'm a person (well, we all are, but this is me talking here!), but we don't have a call center...and frankly it's really, really hard (to put it mildly) to transmit diagnostic information and detailed instructions over the phone anyway. So we help 1Password users day and night via this forum and email. If you'd prefer the latter, just contact us at support@1password.com and post the Support ID you receive here so we can connect the dots.

Regarding your issue, I'm guessing by "B of A" you mean Bank of America. Is that correct? I'm a customer of theirs myself, and while I've certainly had trouble with their site in the past, it's improved in recent years. I'm not having any problem saving or filling a login there using 1Password nowadays.

Now, it may be that you saved your login long ago, before they changed their site. In many cases manually saving a new login for the site will allow 1Password to save additional information from the form to fill better. Just try these steps to save the login manually:

1. Navigate to the website
    2. Enter your login credentials
    3. Click the 'keyhole' icon to bring up the extension
    4. Click the 'gear' icon for Settings
    5. Click Save New Login
    6. Give it a name and Save
    7. Close the webpage and select your new login from the extension to have 1Password Go & Fill
    8. Submit the form manually if you have autosubmit disabled

Please let me know how it turns out. I look forward to hearing back from you. :)

• wordpass
    wordpass
    Community Member

Hi Brenty
    Well I couldn't make use of your help because I'm unfamiliar with the 'keyhole' icon. Not sure if that 1Password or in this case the B of A website.
    HOWEVER - This problem continues to grow. In the beginning I was able to get the sites to open without difficulty. Now more and more of them require me to manually enter the id and/or password. It might be the new Mac computer a few months back. It's a mystery and frustrating. The problem is even worse when attempting to use 1Passw on the iPhone.
    Any help would be appreciated.
    Thanks
    Dennis

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Well I couldn't make use of your help because I'm unfamiliar with the 'keyhole' icon.

@wordpass: Good to hear back from you! The "keyhole" icon I'm referring to is for the 1Password browser extension. If you've installed that in your web browser you should see this there:

Try my instructions above on your computer and let me know how it goes.

Not sure if that 1Password or in this case the B of A website.

In order to use 1Password to login to that or any other website, you'll need to have saved a Login item for it in 1Password with the current login credentials. 1Password can only fill what have saved there, so if the information you gave it is incorrect it will definitely not work.

HOWEVER - This problem continues to grow. In the beginning I was able to get the sites to open without difficulty. Now more and more of them require me to manually enter the id and/or password. It might be the new Mac computer a few months back. It's a mystery and frustrating. The problem is even worse when attempting to use 1Passw on the iPhone.

Any help would be appreciated.

I'm happy to help! Unfortunately without some basic information it's hard to say what might be going wrong and how we might right it! Please tell me the OS, 1Password, browser and extension versions you're using, the exact steps you're taking, and what is (or is not) happening the way you expect so we can figure out the best plan of action:

Find your version

The more information you can give, the better. For instance, what's the URL where you're having trouble? Thanks in advance! :)

This discussion has been closed.