Purchased 1Password on the Apple Store when it was still a paid product, it now says read-only?

Hi there,

(Context: I originally purchased 1Password for OSX (and iOS) in 2013, before it became free with in-app purchases)
After getting a new laptop from work, I installed 1Password from my personal Apple account, before switching over to my work account in the App Store. (I need the work account)
It's been working fine for about three months, but now all of a sudden it's set to read-only mode and asking me to purchase the full edition.
Switching to my personal Apple account in the App Store and restarting (app and laptop) does not resolve the issue.

Is there a "restore purchases" button in 1Password that I missed? Or anything else I can do?

1Password Version: 6.8.8 (688001) Mac App Store
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.13.3
Sync Type: Dropbox

Comments

• BenBen AWS Team

Team Member

Hi @jvanwoudenberg

I’m sorry to hear about the trouble. To resolve this please quit 1Password completely drag the 1Password app from the Applications folder to the trash and empty the trash. To quit 1Password:

Open 1Password and select 1Password 6 in the menubar. Hold down the control key on your keyboard. While holding down the key, select “Quit 1Password and 1Password mini” from the menu.

Then, sign in to the App Store using the Apple ID that you used to purchase 1Password. Use the Purchases tab to re-download 1Password. The trick here is that 1Password is only allowed to check the Apple ID that it was installed with for purchases, so if you’ve installed it with an ID that does not have the purchase after the trial period it will enter read-only mode.

I hope that helps!

Ben

• Hi @Ben

I installed 1Password from the correct (personal) Apple account that I used for my original purchase, and I've been using it for nearly 4 months without any issue, a lot longer than the 30-day trial period would be. (Also never saw any mention of "trial" anywhere in the app while using it, but I'm unsure if that's something I should be seeing.)
    I'll try your solution, but if at all possible I'd prefer not having to reinstall every few months... Any ideas what may have caused this issue to suddenly appear and what I can do to prevent it?

• BenBen AWS Team

Team Member

I’m not aware of any issue with the App Store “remembering” what ID you installed an app with, but if you continue to have trouble please let us know.

Ben

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file