my mini window does not have my name in anymore

After trying to set up another computer with 1password, using my credentials, Now when I click on the 1password little circle icon in top right on chrome,,the mini window comes up, but nothing in it,,,used to have my name in it,,,I have to click on vaults, to bring up my account and name.
Think I messed up....only been a member for about 4 days now..still trying to learn my away around. I can access my sites from my vault,,but, when I click on the line for passwords,,and reveal,,it shows my original passwords I put in, not the new 1password like it used too. Does this mean 1password is not working correctly?

Thanks in advance

-Carl

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:my mini window does not have my name in anymore

Comments

• @Kess: I'm not sure from your description what the exact problem is, but it does sound like you might be running into some setup trouble. Could you tell me which Chrome extension you're using here? If you right-click that 1Password icon in your browser, the top line should say either 1Password or 1Password X. That will at least give us a start here so we can better describe what you should expect. These two Chrome extensions will look a bit different, and if you happened to install one on your first computer and another on the second, that could certainly cause some confusion. Thanks! :chuffed:

• Kess
    Kess
    Community Member

Hello, and thanks for reply,,,I did what u asked and by right clicking on the 1password icon top right, it just says 1password, not 1passwordX
    This is on both computers. I probably did do something downstairs as I was trying to install 1password down there on that computer using my credentials with 1password.
    Question, do I need to uninstall 1password and start again? and can you tell me how to save my vault to a folder so if I do have to delete 1password and do a re-install, it won't be such a pain. I am fairly new to this,,,so bare with me. only been a memeber for less than a week...I am a retired computer tech, (1996),,so am not a young'in anymore. Also,,what about me not seeing your scrambled password when I reveal my passwords for each site in the vault, that;s not right is it? Should I not see your password when I click on revceal, and not the one I used b4 1passsword?

thanks

• Kess
    Kess
    Community Member

Update, I was able to change all my passwords in my vault sites, by clicking on edit and looking at my current passwords and by clicking on regenerate, it then showed your scrambled 1password...did this for each site in my vault, so that is taken care of I presume.
    Also, when clicking on my accounts, it shows 2 with both same name and credentials. Is this because I have it set up on the downstairs computer or is this not normal?
    I still don't get the mini window to work when I open it, in that it does not show my user name,,just a blank, but does show the icons on the left,,thus, have to click on logins to open 1password showing my vaults and other info.

be waiting on your reply on this..

thanks
    Carl

• Kess
    Kess
    Community Member

One other thing, I notice now that now when I go to a site using my browser Chrome, the popup window does not appear asking me if I want to save it to 1password,,it used to do this, but not now. Is there a fix for this? I do have the extensions in my chome browser for 1password, both computers.

-Carl

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni

Hello @Kess,

I am not sure I follow you on the issues you are having with 1Password extension in the browser. Am I right to understand that you are using 1Password on two computers? If my guess is correct here, please create Diagnostics Reports from both computers, so we could take a closer look:

Sending Diagnostics Reports (Windows)

Attach the Diagnostics Reports to an email messages addressed to support+windows@agilebits.com.

Please do not post your Diagnostic Report in the forums, but please do include a link to this thread in your email, along with your forum handle so that we can "connect the dots" when we see your report in our inbox.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here so we can track down the report and ensure that this issue is dealt with quickly. :) Thank you!

Cheers,
    Greg

• Kess
    Kess
    Community Member

OK Greg,
    The problem I am having now is when I leftclick on 1password icon, top right to sign in,, I don't see my sign in,,all I see is blank mini window, and the icons, on the left pane of the mini window,,,, , but if I type in 1password in the Searchbox, then it goes to my account page and all is normal after that.
    I do see two sign in names both the same, listed as I installed 1password on my other desktop computer downstairs. This was not like this at first,,only after I messed around trying to install 1password on the downstairs computer which as far as I know is working, except for the above mentioned problem.

Carl K.

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni

Hello @Kess,

Could you please tell me what webpage you are on when you click on 1Password icon in the browser?

The thing is that by default, when you click on 1Password icon in the browser, you see the list of Logins in a specific vault for a website you are currently on. If you see an empty list there, it means that you workflow is different from the one we showcase in our how to use 1Password extension video here:

Use the 1Password extension to save and fill passwords on your Mac or Windows PC

Am I right to understand that you open 1Password extension first and then visit the website? Thanks in advance! :+1:

Cheers,
    Greg

• Kess
    Kess
    Community Member

Greg, what I am doing is clicking on the little password icon on top right (little circle),of my chrome browser, when I do that, I it shows is a blank mini window with the icons on the left, with a search box and courser flashing in that box. I have to type in 1password in the search box to get 1password to open. It used to show my account name and vault.

• Kess
    Kess
    Community Member

Question Greg,,,In my profile, and accounts, should it show more than my two computers that I have installed 1password ON? It show 3,,one being CHROME, as main one...I think it only needs to show my two computers that I use to sign into 1password, correct? This may be my big problem. It used to show two CHROMES, along with the other two computers, but I was able to click on the little 1password icon on the right of one of the Chrome and delete one of them, but one still remains, and is set as primary one to use. How can I get rid of the Chrome account in my profile as it does not have the little icon to the right of it like the other one did? I could go below there in the danger zone and delete my account, but not sure if that would just delete my Chrome account for 1password, or all my 1password accounts on the other two computers.
    Can you enlighten me pls...

-thanks

• Kess
    Kess
    Community Member

I forgot to mention in the little mini box that opens after clicking on the 1password little circle icon, it does say store anything here..but id otherwise blank, except for the search box at the top of it.

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni

Hi @Kess,

I am still quite confused with your current setup and the issue you are experiencing.

It show 3,,one being CHROME, as main one...I think it only needs to show my two computers that I use to sign into 1password, correct? This may be my big problem. It used to show two CHROMES, along with the other two computers, but I was able to click on the little 1password icon on the right of one of the Chrome and delete one of them, but one still remains, and is set as primary one to use. How can I get rid of the Chrome account in my profile as it does not have the little icon to the right of it like the other one did?

Chrome item that you see in the list of the authorised devices at 1Password.com is the browser where you signed in to your account. There is nothing abnormal about it and it should not affect 1Password behaviour on any of your computers. Could you please send us diagnostics reports using this guide above, so we could take a closer look at what is going on?

Thank you very much in advance! :+1:

Cheers,
    Greg

• Kess
    Kess
    Community Member

I have it all working now,,after deleting everything and re-installing,,only thing left now is to put it on my downstairs computer.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Excellent! Thanks for the update. It sounds like you should be all set, but don't hesitate to reach out if we can be of further assistance. We're always here to help! :)

This discussion has been closed.