How do I sync my 1password1 between my MacBookPro and iPhone 7 without Dropbox?

Options
yosemite4
yosemite4
Community Member
edited March 2018 in Mac

How do I sync my 1password1 between my MacBookPro and iPhone 7 using a hardwired connection?

When I press 'sync' on the iPhone which is hardwired to the MAC, the 1Passwords1 vanishes into an imaginary iCloud—and is nowhere to be found on my iCloud account. It is syncing to nothing.

I went to the AgileBits website to find a support article but my account was 'frozen' because I hadn't subscribed to the $2.99/month service. I was locked out of basic support for a product I bought and paid for and its various upgrades.

I've owned this product for years and still cannot sync wirelessly between the MacBookPro (OS 10.13.2) and my iPhone 7 (iOS 11.2.6). The MAC version is 6.87. I can't tell you the iPhone version because my account has been frozen and I can't get that question answered "how to find the version of 1password1 on your iphone?"

DropBox does not work and has never worked on our MAC products. iCloud doesn't work either. Can't sync it to the PCs either.

Please provide link to working support page.

It is a nice product as long as you don't have to sync it.

1Password Version: Version 6.8.7
Extension Version: (687006) AgileBits Store
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Hardwire
Referrer: forum-search:How do I sync my 1password1 between my MacBookPro and iPhone 7 without Dropbox?

ref: WYQ-48715-343

Comments

• Ben
    Options

Hi @yosemite4,

Thanks for taking the time to write in. I see you also emailed us this same question. For the future please pick one communication channel. Contacting us about the same issue via multiple channels causes a duplication of efforts, which slows down support. :)

I’ll try to answer your questions directly, and then explain what the options are:

How do I sync my 1password1 between my MacBookPro and iPhone 7 using a hardwired connection?

You can’t. 1Password doesn’t have any sync options that involve syncing over a cable between the two devices.

When I press 'sync' on the iPhone which is hardwired to the MAC, the 1Passwords1 vanishes into an imaginary iCloud—and is nowhere to be found on my iCloud account. It is syncing to nothing.

1Password stores its data on iCloud using CloudKit. Unlike iCloud Drive there is no user interface to CloudKit. It is totally normal and expected that you cannot “see” 1Password data stored in iCloud. That does not necessarily mean that it is not syncing.

I went to the AgileBits website to find a support article but my account was 'frozen' because I hadn't subscribed to the $2.99/month service. I was locked out of basic support for a product I bought and paid for and its various upgrades.

1Password.com is a subscription service which is a separate purchase from any previous license purchases. A 1Password.com account is not required for technical and customer support.

I've owned this product for years and still cannot sync wirelessly between the MacBookPro (OS 10.13.2) and my iPhone 7 (iOS 11.2.6). The MAC version is 6.87. I can't tell you the iPhone version because my account has been frozen and I can't get that question answered "how to find the version of 1password1 on your iphone?"

Your account being frozen does not lock you out of 1Password. Frozen means changes cannot be made, but it doesn’t prevent access to existing data. To find the version information for 1Password for iOS unlock 1Password using your Master Password then navigate to the Settings tab. At the bottom you’ll see version information:

DropBox does not work and has never worked on our MAC products. iCloud doesn't work either. Can't sync it to the PCs either.

The only two options available for syncing all three platforms (Mac, iOS, and Windows) are Dropbox or 1Password.com. If Dropbox doesn’t work on your computers you’d need to either get that issue resolved, or use 1Password.com to sync.

Please provide link to working support page.

All of the various sync options are outlined on this page:

Sync your 1Password data

It is a nice product as long as you don't have to sync it.

Our main purpose behind building 1Password.com was to address this concern. It is going to provide the best experience, and would be my recommended course of action. If you haven’t already done so you can learn about migrating your data to 1Password.com here:

Move your existing 1Password data to a 1Password account

If you already have an account you can skip the steps regarding account creation. :) I hope that helps!

Ben

• yosemite4
    yosemite4
    Community Member
    Options

None of these options worked. Received the following error message when I tried to sign into my 1Password account on my MAC: "No response code from the server...No response code was received from the server. Please try again."

So please advise. How do I sync my 1Passwords1 on my iPhone 7 with my MACBook Pro?

• yosemite4
    yosemite4
    Community Member
    Options

Got it! WLAN -- the only way it will work, oddly. Will bookmark these instructions for future use. Thank you!

• yosemite4
    yosemite4
    Community Member
    Options

WLAN worked great!

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

WLAN Server can be a bit of a pain because it's a fairly manual process that depends heavily on your network environment, but I'm glad to hear you're up and running. It sounds like you should be all set, but we're here if you need us. Cheers! :)

This discussion has been closed.