[Feature Request] open the app in a resizable browser window

Recently started using your product for enterprise work and it would be nice to have the ability to open the 1-Password X app in a resizable browser window. Other add-ons in chrome have this feature for example push bullet. I'm not sure how many people require a resizable area since some of the password entries are larger then the visible area.

Thank you for the wonderful product its help me transform to complete Home and Enterprise PC to Linux.
Chris

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: 1.6
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@cswebserver: Likewise, thanks for getting in touch! Glad to hear you're enjoying 1Password X on Linux! :chuffed:

I haven't seen other requests for this and am not sure how feasible it is given the design, but I think as 1Password X matures and becomes more powerful over time it's something we can continue to evaluate. Can you give me an example of how you anticipate using it in a separate window instead of the menu? The beauty of the menu is that it allows filling in the current window. And you can already use the 1Password.com web interface in a window if you want to, but I guess it depends on what you're trying to do. Let me know! :)

• cswebserver
    cswebserver
    Community Member

I agree with the need to fill in passwords for the current window, and my use case maybe limited since I use 1password teams for various server credentials, sensitive network material and non traditional web related material. Since I have multiple 1password team accounts (family or personal, corporate and contract clients) I'm constantly using the 1password-x app to search all 1password team accounts then open a window to edit material. Today's work around maybe unique but I have installed a second version of chrome (beta) on my linux workstations and change the icon to 1password icon. Then have it open on start all my 1password team accounts so I have one central place to find material.

Todays suggestion is just an idea and I have attached a screenshot of push bullet which simply has an arrow in top right corner to open a new window.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@cswebserver: Oh, I gotcha. Thank you so much! While perhaps not the #1 use case, I think that's a great example, and it's good of you to share it with us. I see what you mean about just doing a popout window. We don't currently have plans for that, but it's something we'll continue to evaluate. That's a neat workaround using a second browser as your 1Password app window. I bet there are others using 1Password X for server credentials as well. Cheers! :)

This discussion has been closed.