Sorting of favorites on different platforms.

leesweet
leesweet
Community Member

So, the Beta (and perhaps the old version 4?) seems to have fixed methods of sorting your favorites. the iOS version seems to have, what? I can't figure it out and the doc I find doesn't address this. Is it in last-added order?

It would be nice if both had a way to be able to manually sort them (one of them could do it, and the others could follow, I'm not looking for platform-unique sorts...). Right now it seems that's what we do have, different presentations on Windows (Beta) and iOS. Or am I missing something? Clarification?

1Password Version: 7.0.531
Extension Version: 4.7.0.90
OS Version: Win10 1709
Sync Type: Dropbox

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@leesweet: Thanks for reaching out. I’m sorry for the confusion! Favorites are a bit in flux currently, and I'm sorry about that. With the proliferation of vaults, Favorites sorting has broken in a lot of places. They've been relying on a per-vault index for a long time, but that does not work so well with many vaults. It's likely that going forward we'll just be sorting these alphabetically, though we continue to explore other options to see if we can find something else suitable. Thanks for your feedback on this!

• leesweet
    leesweet
    Community Member

Not a problem... I could have sworn we had control over the order at one point, but that could have been my imagination... alpha would at least be a good default so we could quickly scan for them. On iOS (not the topic here, I know...) they seem to be random. Thanks!

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@leesweet: You are not imagining things! It used to be possible to manually order Favorites in (I believe) all of the apps, but it's grown problematic in recent years. Where it seems random, that's because the design for handling this years ago has not scaled well. So yeah, we are leaning toward alpha. :blush:

• Mountaineer
    Mountaineer
    Community Member

Hi, I just converted from the paid app to the subscription version on my iPhone (iOS 11.3.1). I notice that my Categories/Logins are in alphabetical order but my Favorites are not and thus more difficult to use. I just want to LOUDLY endorse the alphabetical sorting for both if it is still under consideration. Thanks.

• Thanks for the feedback, @Mountaineer. There are a few improvements we’d like to make to Favorites. Hopefully we can give some love in this area soon.

Ben

• Mountaineer
    Mountaineer
    Community Member

Thanks for the fast feedback. I'll patiently wait for the love. :)

• ❤️

Ben

This discussion has been closed.