Initial Install on Laptop - Windows 10 - 1password will not let me login

Hello, I am a 1password member and currently have the Windows App and browser extensions working fine on my desktop pc but I tried installing the Windows 10 app on my laptop and it will not accept the information on the initial sign-in screen. I have copied directly from my emergency kit, typed it in manually and checked the key over and over. I have even made a screenshot of the bar code and loaded that as an image file yet nothing works. I get the message 'Unable to sign in, please check details provided and your network connection'. My master password works fine on the desktop and the website but it will not accept it on the laptop app.

I have used different varations on Sign-In address: 'my.1password.com' and 'https://my.1password.com' since it isn't clear which to use but this has been an ongoing thing for days. I am tired of the app popping up on my laptop every time I start it because it won't accept the initial login and therefore the browser extension is blank and asks me for new password saves every time.

1Password Version: 6.8.496
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: WIndows 10
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• scjarrell
    scjarrell
    Community Member

It seems, after troubleshooting more, that it was the protection from AVG Internet Security that was blocking the login attempt. I was only able to login by turning off the service. Could I have assistance getting the correct path (on C:/) to add to the AVG exceptions list? I was unable to find the 1password.exe file in Program Files or Program Files (x86).

• @scjarrell: 1Password.exe is located in %LOCALAPPDATA\1Password\app\6. It's in your user folder so the exact file path will be a bit different for everyone. If you open start and type the above string to search, then press enter, that will open it up in Windows file explorer. You can then copy/paste the path from the address bar. :+1:

This discussion has been closed.