Not saving Gmail log-in info

Hello,

It's saving everything else except google/gmail log-in.
Any idea?

Thank you,
hjw218

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:google

Comments

• Hi @hjw218

Are you being prompted to save a Login item for Google/Gmail when you access those services? If not, have you tried manually saving a login item? Instructions for doing so can be found here:

How to save a Login manually in your browser

Please let me know how that turns out. :)

Ben

• hjw218
    hjw218
    Community Member

No, I'm not even being prompted to save the Login. Actually, there are couple of other websites that are not recording my Logins. I'm able to login though by using Command-Backslash () or from the 1Password site directly. I did follow your instructions; however, the password still won't prompt.

• @hjw218

1Password will not prompt to save logins that have already been saved. If you’re able to login using Cmd+\ it sounds as though 1Password has already saved a Login item for these credentials. If you’re sure you want to save a new item, and 1Password doesn’t prompt you to do so, you can follow the instructions in the guide I linked above to manually save a new login.

I hope that helps!

Ben

• hjw218
    hjw218
    Community Member

Thanks Ben. Quick question - do you think it might be a google account setting inssue that is blocking 1Password to save its login?

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@hjw218: It's certainly possible, as GSuite (née Google Apps) admins do have control over some extension stuff with Chrome. Unfortunately without some basic information you've left out of your original post it's hard to say what might be going wrong and how we might right it! Please tell me the OS, 1Password, browser, and extension versions you're using, the exact steps you're taking, and what is (or is not) happening the way you expect so we can figure out the best plan of action:

Find your version

The more information you can give, the better. Thanks in advance! :)

• hjw218
    hjw218
    Community Member

Mac OS High Sierra
    Version 10.13.3

1Password 6
    Version 6.8.8 (688002)
    AgileBits Store

Firefox Quantum
    Version 59.0.2

Firefox extension

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@hjw218: Ah, if you're using Firefox, then forget what I said about GSuite. I was referring to Chrome. Can you tell me the URL where you're trying to save, and the other information I requested:

the exact steps you're taking, and what is (or is not) happening the way you expect

The more specific you can be, the better, so we can test it to figure out why you might be having trouble. Thanks!

This discussion has been closed.