The new features

Sinister
Sinister
Community Member

Kudos for the first improvement that FINALLY STARTS to put the Android app on par with the iOS and Mac apps. We still have a way to go, but this is BIG step: Custom fields and TOPT!

I'll post my review/comments below.

1. The main thing that comes to my attention, is that although we can finally create these fields, we can't move them up or down. For example, if I select to make a new custom field a website address, I'd like to be able to move it up after the first website, or move something down, etc.

2. When making custom fields in the Android app, it automatically creates a new section, whereas in the Mac app, for example, if one does not fill in the section name, it does not create a new section. The workaround is to delete the word "Section," but I feel the default should be the opposite, like in the Mac app.

3. One cannot re-categorize a field after the option has first been chosen, i.e. if I nade it text but now want a date, etc.

4. It will also not let me type in the dates manually, vs the Mac app that allows calendar OR manual entry.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@Sinister: Hahaha I thought of you when this went live. Glad you're enjoying the beta! :chuffed:

The main thing that comes to my attention, is that although we can finally create these fields, we can't move them up or down. For example, if I select to make a new custom field a website address, I'd like to be able to move it up after the first website, or move something down, etc.

Agreed, but one step at a time. ;)

When making custom fields in the Android app, it automatically creates a new section, whereas in the Mac app, for example, if one does not fill in the section name, it does not create a new section. The workaround is to delete the word "Section," but I feel the default should be the opposite, like in the Mac app.

Well, in 1Password for Mac (or iOS), it does still create a new section, but without a section name that's not obvious. I agree that there's probably room for improvement here across the board, to make it more intuitive.

One cannot re-categorize a field after the option has first been chosen, i.e. if I nade it text but now want a date, etc.

Yep! Great point. We'll need to address that.

It will also not let me type in the dates manually, vs the Mac app that allows calendar OR manual entry.

I agree that it would be better to be able to use either. We'll see if we can find a nice way to do that. Thanks again for your passionate feedback, and for participating in the beta! :)

ref: OPA-1470, OPA-1471, OPA-1472

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Seriously, if you have any other suggestions or encounter any issues, let us know. :chuffed: :+1:

This discussion has been closed.