Vivaldi constantly crashes 1Password 7

Options
hutattedonmyarm
hutattedonmyarm
Community Member
edited April 2023 in 1Password 7 for Windows

Using Vivaldi with the 1Password extension triggers an authentication error between 1P7 and the extension. (Works fine with 1P4 though). This error, while only mildly inconventient by itself, causes Windows "1password has stopped working" dialogue to appear. The app and extension then try to sync again and the dialogue appears again, causing an endless loop of Windows error messages, about 2 per minute. Given that quitting 1P7 is impossible (it restarts itself after a few seconds when I force quit the process via the task manager or in the taskbar) I had to uninstall thee Beta again. I've attached the log below (the forum wouldn't allow me to upload .log or .txt files)

https://pastebin.com/hXZf1xfu

1Password Version: 7.0.532
Extension Version: 4.7.1.2
OS Version: Windows 10
Sync Type: Dropbox

Comments

• MikeT
    Options

Hi @hutattedonmyarm,

Thanks for reporting this.

I'm not able to reproduce this with the latest Vivaldi release but I can confirm the crashing issue by using a non-signed browser like Chromium, which we'll fix in the next update.

Your diagnostics report says this:

Refusing helper connection from "C:\Users\hutat\AppData\Local\Vivaldi\Application\vivaldi.exe", because of untrusted certificate.

For some reason, your Vivaldi browser isn't signed properly. I would recommend checking for an update or reinstall Vivaldi and then see if 1Password will work.

ref: OPW-2027

• hutattedonmyarm
    hutattedonmyarm
    Community Member
    Options

Hi @MikeT thanks for the reply! Updating Vivaldi helped! (I'm wondering why it didn't auto update, but oh well)

• MikeT
    Options

Hi @hutattedonmyarm,

That’s great to hear, thanks for letting us know, and you’re welcome.

We’ve been seeing a lot of Chrome’s auto-update problems and I suspect Vivaldi may be affected by the same bugs.

This discussion has been closed.