Purchase

My wife’s 1Password was purchased under an old Apple ID from years. We had to restore her phone today and realized when restoring her 1Password that it is under the old Apple ID. I’m not ready to do the monthly billing option yet. I just want to do a one time purchase for now. Is the only way to do it through the App Store? I don’t see an option to buy a license in 1Password. It seemed like I once read that it was better to purchase through 1Password as the App Store had restrictions or something for your app. Also, how do I migrate from the old one to the new one when I buy it? Thanks in advance for any help you can give me.

Comments

• brentybrenty

Team Member

My wife’s 1Password was purchased under an old Apple ID from years. We had to restore her phone today and realized when restoring her 1Password that it is under the old Apple ID. I’m not ready to do the monthly billing option yet. I just want to do a one time purchase for now. Is the only way to do it through the App Store?

@skorg264: Yep! Just setup the app with a new standalone vault (or sync an existing one), and then you'll have the option to purchase the Pro Features in 1Password for iOS Settings > Pro Features.

I don’t see an option to buy a license in 1Password. It seemed like I once read that it was better to purchase through 1Password as the App Store had restrictions or something for your app.

To clarify, the App Store doesn't use licenses at all; rather, the purchase is tied to the Apple ID.

Also, how do I migrate from the old one to the new one when I buy it?

Can you tell me what you mean here?

Thanks in advance for any help you can give me.

Sure thing! Happy to help in any way I can. :)

• I’m not sure I understand the “set up app with new standalone vault”. My wife no longer buys anything through the old Apple ID as it was part of a secondary email account she set up years ago. She wants her 1Password now to be connected with her Apple ID that she uses now with her current email. Are you saying she does this through the app and the new standalone vault will be linked with her new Apple ID and current email?

Regarding the migration of data, I had thought when she sets up a new 1Password she would have to migrate from the 1Password under her old Apple ID to the current Apple ID.

Thanks for your patience walking me through this

Steve

• BenBen AWS Team

Team Member

Sorry; I think Brenty may have misunderstood what you were trying to accomplish there. It isn’t possible to move a purchase of 1Password from one Apple ID to another. The three options would be:

1. Use the old Apple ID to install 1Password
    2. Purchase 1Password again on the new Apple ID
    3. Register for a 1Password.com membership, which works independently of Apple IDs (I listed this last as I realize you already mentioned you are not ready to go this route)

Aside from the purchasing issue... accessing her data may be problematic with a standalone vault and changing Apple IDs. Where is her data stored currently? Is it in iCloud?

For what it’s worth changing to a different Apple ID is highly discouraged (both by us and Apple) as many things end up tied to Apple IDs that cannot be migrated.

Ben

• Hi Ben: just noticed your response. Surprised I didn’t get a notification so sorry responding so late. Thanks for your help. I am very interested in the 1Password membership. I’ll have to take a closer look at it. I don’t suppose because we both have had 1Password for quite a while that there is some sort of initial discount in going that route?

• And yes, we use iCloud integration for syncing.

• brentybrenty

Team Member

Hi Ben: just noticed your response. Surprised I didn’t get a notification so sorry responding so late.

@skorg264: Unless you disabled them in your profile settings, you'd have received a notification via email at the very least — or maybe that got caught in your spam filter.

Thanks for your help. I am very interested in the 1Password membership. I’ll have to take a closer look at it. I don’t suppose because we both have had 1Password for quite a while that there is some sort of initial discount in going that route?

We've offered a number of promotions for 1Password.com memberships in the past, and I'm sure we will in the future. Shoot us an email at [email protected] and post the Support ID you receive here so we can see what we can do to help you make the transition.

And yes, we use iCloud integration for syncing.

Gotcha. To be clear, that won't be involved at all with a 1Password.com membership if you move to that, but it's good to have a sense of where you're at now. Cheers! :)

• I'm assuming the Support ID is a number or something? Where do I find that? I don't see it in this discussion. Thanks.

• brentybrenty

Team Member

@skorg264: You'll receive that from the BitBot autoresponder when you send the email. It'll be something like ABC-1234-DEF. :)

• Thanks. Just sent an email so will provide that number here shortly.

• Here's my support ID

TTR-19862-793

• BenBen AWS Team

Team Member
    edited March 2018

Great. Thanks for that. We'll take a look shortly and see what we can do. :) Let's continue the conversation by email.

Ben

ref: TTR-19862-793

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file