IOS Safari won’t display ALL entries nor search

mrhoni
mrhoni
Community Member

I’m on my ipad and go to a website. The website is not stored in 1Password, but there is a login for another site that is to be used for this particular website. I bring up 1Password from within Safari and it only lists identities and credit cards and does not list all entries within 1Password. I know it won’t bring up the website I need, so I enter a word that I know will find what I need during search however it does not find the entry. Of the 3 tabs at the bottom I have ALL selected. I can find what I need if I use the 1Password app.

1Password Version: 7.0.6
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: IOS 11.2.5
Sync Type: Dropbox

Comments

• Hi @mrhoni

Can you please check the login item in question and make sure that it has a website field that is filled in with the URL of the login page that you want 1Password to fill on? As an anti-phishing measure 1Password will only fill login items on pages where the URL matches a website field on the item.

Thanks.

Ben

• mrhoni
    mrhoni
    Community Member
    edited March 2018

I gather then I will never see a list like I do in Safari desktop. I may not have explained correctly but the search will not display an entry I know exists for a different website that has the logon and password that I need. There is no login entry for this website in question and in this case there is was no practical reason to save it, so I want to find the 1Password entry for the other website so I can copy and paste. From your response it seems that may not be possible and my only choice is to bring up the app, find what I'm looking for and copy and paste from there, which is what I ended up doing.

• I gather then I will never see a list like I do in Safari desktop. I may not have explained correctly but the search will not display an entry I know exists for a different website that has the logon and password that I need.

Correct; that is intentional. Unless the / a website field on the login item matches the URL you are currently viewing you will not see it listed in the 1Password extension in Safari on iOS.

From your response it seems that may not be possible and my only choice is to bring up the app, find what I'm looking for and copy and paste from there, which is what I ended up doing.

Either that or adding a 2nd website field to the login item and putting the URL of the login page in question in it. :)

Ben

This discussion has been closed.