Exporting large amount of entries from 1password 6 fails

Options

When I export to csv one or 2 password entries it gives me a nice csv file with a header:

ainfo,autosubmit,notesPlain,password,scope,tags,title,urls,username,uuid

And subsequently one line per password entry containing the above information.

However when I try to export all 250+ entries from one of my vaults the csv file is garbled. It does not contain a header line, all password entries and fields are messed up and some fields are missing!

How can I solve this?

Cheers,
Marnix

1Password Version: 6.8.496
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows 7
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:export data

Comments

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni
    edited March 2018
    Options

Hello @Marnix,

Thank you for reporting this!

I was able to reproduce this issue on our side, so we need to investigate what is going on here. I tested this behaviour on my PC and I've got a little hunch: could you please let me know if you have a Driving License item in your vault? If you do, please try to export your items excluding that Driving License and please tell me if the issue remains.

I will be testing it further, in the meantime.

Thank you!

Cheers,
    Greg

ref: OPW-2019

• Marnix
    Marnix
    Community Member
    edited March 2018
    Options

Hi @Greg ,

No, there is no Driving License entry there: I just exported 24 entries from Logins to a csv with the same bad result. I can share this file with you personally after I remove the uids and pwds. Please let me know if this will help.

Cheers,
    Marnix

• @Marnix: I know Greg has been talking to the engineering team about this problem and they have some theories floating around. I was also able to reproduce this with Logins only, but I have to take my experience with a grain of salt because I use OpenOffice which isn't always awesome with formatting in general. I've passed along your additional info here to help them sort things out, but just in case it happens to be relevant, could you tell me what program you're opening your CSV with? It's clear the export is having some trouble, but I think the application you're using to view it is a variable worth being aware of, just in case. Thanks! :chuffed:

• Marnix
    Marnix
    Community Member
    Options

Hi @bundtkate , @Greg

I have opened the csv in Notepad, gvim and Excel with the same results so I am sure it is not the application that you use to view the cvs in.

Cheers,
    Marnix

• Hey @Marnix! Thanks for double-checking! Since we are able to reproduce this problem, Greg is working with the engineering team to track this down, so we'll keep digging and get it fixed up. :chuffed:

• Marnix
    Marnix
    Community Member
    Options

Hi @bundtkate @Greg,

Please let me know how you are progressing. - Thanks.

Cheers,
    Marnix

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @Marnix,

We will keep you posted. Thank you for your patience!

Cheers,
    Greg

This discussion has been closed.