Can't get 1password extension to work in IE 11 [known issue, Microsoft pulled March update rollup]

rickmyred
rickmyred
Community Member
edited March 2018 in 1Password 4 for Windows

Neither my hot key (Ctrl + /) nor clicking the 1password extension button in the command bar in IE is doing anything at all. Literally nothing happens when I try either method of accessing it. It was working prior to Thursday I know, but the first time I noticed it not working was on Thursday. Since then, I have tried numerous things to make it work again. I have reset all of my settings in IE. I have gone to my add-ons in IE and disabled and then re-enabled the 1password extension. I have closed IE, opened 1password, gone to the Browsers Preferences option, deselected IE, closed Preferences, reopened preferences, re-selected IE, and reopened Internet Explorer. Still nothing. I have made sure both 1password and IE were both fully up to date and on the latest versions. Nothing I do makes 1password work with IE.

It still works fine in Firefox and Chrome. Any clue what might be going on?

1Password Version: 4.6.2.626
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows 7 64-bit
Sync Type: Dropbox

Comments

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni

Hi @rickmyred,

Thank you for reporting this!

It seems that you bumped into the known issue with the latest March Windows update from Microsoft. Please see another discussion here. Microsoft is aware of this issue and stopped offering updates. If you want this issue fixed, you'd either need to roll back to before the update, or wait for Microsoft to release fixes to use 1Password in Internet Explorer. Otherwise you can use Firefox, Chrome, or other supported browsers. Please let me know if there is anything else we can help you with. Thank you!

++
    Greg

This discussion has been closed.