Locking Windows and returning to user login screen

Options
jeffatrad
jeffatrad
Community Member
edited March 2018 in 1Password 4 for Windows

Occassionally, I get 1pass into this state where, when I type in my password (either in the browser mini window, or in the full 1password app), I hit enter when done with the password, and 1pass immediately locks the computer back to the login screen? What's happening here?

1Password Version: 6.7.457
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: windows 10
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• @jeffatrad: Any issue starting with "occasionally" is bound to be a tough one. Have you noticed any particular activity that tends to precede this issue? Also, when you say it locks the computer back to the login screen, are you saying that 1Password itself locks or are you being booted back to the Windows login screen? Just want to make sure I'm understanding exactly what's going on here. Thanks! :+1:

• jeffatrad
    jeffatrad
    Community Member
    Options

It's usually after the computer has been asleep for a few days. Rebooting always fixes. I mean, that I'm being booted back to the Windows 10 login screen. My guess is that you are triggering some sort of security check. It's happened 3 separate times now on this computer, so it hasn't been a one time thing...

It seems to happen when 1pass tries to pop up, when trying to record a new password.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@jeffatrad: I can't imagine what that would be. I've never seen anything like that from Windows itself, but do you have "security" software which might trigger that in some scenarios? What does Event Viewer show when that happens?

• Tabaluga
    Tabaluga
    Community Member
    Options

I have the same problem. Win 10 with most recent 1P software. As soon as I enter a password in my browser and the auto detect login feature is activated in 1P my computer gets locked. I worked around this issue for now by deactivating the detect feature of 1P.

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@Tabaluga: Thank you for chipping in! :+1:

If you are using 1Password 4 for Windows, most likely you have a different issue. 1Password 6 for Windows, the one used by Jeff, is completely different from 1Password 4. Could you please let me know what do you mean by "detect feature of 1Password"? What did you disable?

Thanks in advance!

++
    Greg

• Tabaluga
    Tabaluga
    Community Member
    edited November 2017
    Options

Hi Greg,

no .... as I said most recent version. 6.7.something auto updating is enabled. I am not at that computer right now.

I disabled in the options that feature that offers you to save/update a login when you enter some login information by hand. My computer got locked as soon as this "do you want to save/update that data you just entered?" window appeared. In fact it was not only a locking, it was turning my monitor into standby what additionally locked my windows and also my 1P.

BR

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hello @Tabaluga,

Thank you for clarification!

1Password can only show you regular system windows and it can't force Windows to hibernate or lock itself, so the behaviour you are describing is really strange. Could you please follow the steps in this guide to share a diagnostics report with us:

Sending Diagnostics Reports (Windows)

Attach the Diagnostics Report to an email message addressed to support+windows@agilebits.com.

Please do not post your Diagnostic Report in the forums, but please do include a link to this thread in your email, along with your forum handle so that we can "connect the dots" when we see your report in our inbox. You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Suapport ID number. Please post that number here so we can track down the report and ensure that this issue is dealt with quickly.

Thank you very much in advance!

Cheers,
    Greg

• wiltocking
    wiltocking
    Community Member
    Options

Hello, I'm also running into this issue after returning from the holidays. This only affects the work computer with 1password version 4.6.2.626 using Windows 10. As the original poster said, only the miniwindows seems to trigger this behavior. As soon as you press enter or click unlock it takes you to the Windows Lock screen. Then, 1password locks itself again since you are returning from the Lock screen. The only way to unlock is by opening the app itself. Also, even when unlocked, if at a login you right-click the field to select the dropdown option for 1password, it locks...

My home computer running Windows 10 and same version of 1password is behaving normally.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@wiltocking: Since 1Password 4 and 6 are completely different codebases, I'm not sure you could be experiencing the same problem, at least if it had anything to do with 1Password. We never heard back from the others, so I have no idea what the solution ultimately was for them. But it sounds like something else on your system is triggering this when 1Password unlocks. What else are you using?

• wiltocking
    wiltocking
    Community Member
    Options

@brenty thanks for the quick reply, not sure what else I could be running. The confusing part is that it was working before the holidays, so something has changed to start this behavior. I'm using Chrome as my browser, so maybe that has been updated? But this is the same browser at home where everything works as normal. I've sent a diagnosis report to the email stated above for now.

• Hi @wiltocking,

It's not likely due to Chrome since 1Password mini is a separate window that does not have anything to do with Chrome.

We got your email and will reply as soon as possible.

ref: SWK-42826-335

• HuuMiu
    HuuMiu
    Community Member
    edited March 2018
    Options

Dear
    I got a problem with the plugins in Chrome, Opera. Everytime I click on the icon in Chrome or Opera and enter password, 1passwork log off my windows 10 then I need to enter my win10 password to log in again win10. So now anytime I need 1pass, I need open 1pass (the desktop one, not the plugins) copy/pass my password. it happen about 2 weeks ago.

so please help, sorry my english
    Thanks

1Password Version: 4.16
    Extension Version: updated one
    OS Version: Win10
    Sync Type: Dropbox

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@HuuMiu: Thanks for getting in touch! I've merged you with an existing discussion on this topic. We've had a handful of reports of this over time, but it isn't clear why this might be happening for some people. We have not heard back in a while from others, so I don't know if the problem went away for them and what it could have been. But to be clear, 1Password doesn't have any control over Windows locking/logout behaviour so I'm not sure what we can do here. However, I'd be interested to hear more about your setup, in case it helps narrow down the cause. So far it seems that everyone experiencing this issue is on Windows 10. Can you tell me the exact version you're using, and if you have other software which might trigger this, or other browser extensions installed? Others seemed to be using Chrome, and you mentioned Opera, which is also based on Chrome. Do you have the issue with Firefox or Edge though? Thanks!

• HuuMiu
    HuuMiu
    Community Member
    edited March 2018
    Options

@brenty : thanks for merged the topic, it will help other clients. I tried both Edge, Chrome and Opera as well. about the password I only use 1pass and default of win 10. brower extensions - adblock; internet download manager; skype. This problem only is in my laptop, in the PC is ok.

I also sent the log file to your supported email and my support ID is [#RQD-34263-953].

Below my system.

1Password Version: 4.16
    Extension Version: updated one
    OS Version: Win10 pro; version 10.0.15063
    Sync Type: Dropbox

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@HuuMiu: Oh, that's really interesting. As far as I know, everyone else who's reported an issue like this has been using 1Password 6, but you're using version 4 (I think this has only occurred on Windows 10 though) . These do not share any code, as 1Password 6 is a brand new app, so this will be something external to 1Password that is causing this. In that case, it sounds like there may not be a way for us to resolve this, strictly speaking, but maybe we can figure out the root cause and a workaround. That may help others too. Anyway, I see that we've received your email, so we can continue the conversation there. We'll take a look at the diagnostics and get back to you shortly! :)

ref: RQD-34263-953

• HuuMiu
    HuuMiu
    Community Member
    Options

thanks @brenty ; hope agilebits can fix this issue then we - your client will be very happy :). hope to hear your solution very soon.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Likewise, hopefully we can figure out why this is happening on your system. Thanks for your cooperation! :)

• HuuMiu
    HuuMiu
    Community Member
    Options

@brenty thanks so much, after I update the last version which you guys sent yesterday, it works !!!. I can use extension again

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@HuuMiu: Great news! :chuffed: :+1: I am glad to hear that updating to the latest version of 1Password 4 has resolved the issue for you.

Please feel free to contact us anytime, we are always ready to help you with 1Password. Have a great day!

Cheers,
    Greg

This discussion has been closed.