How to enable auto-rotation of screen for 1Passwod app on iPhone X

Options
acefraley
acefraley
Community Member

I could swear that my iPhone X screen used to rotate automatically from portrait to landscape (and vice-versa) while using the 1Password app, but for some reason this is no longer happening; the 1Password app remains stuck in portrait orientation regardless of how I am holding the phone. Please note that the Portrait Orientation Lock is definitely in the "off" position -- I verified this in the Control Center, then I double-checked it by turning the phone while using an app that I know supports rotation, such as photos, and the auto-rotation worked fine. I even restarted the phone after toggling the Portrait Orientation Lock from "off" to "on" and back to "off." But no luck! Is my memory playing tricks on me, or is there a setting somewhere in 1Password itself that I am not seeing?? Thanks in advance to anyone who can help clear this up for me!

1Password Version: 7.0.6
Extension Version: n/a
OS Version: iOS 11.2.6
Sync Type: iCloud

Comments

• Ben
    Options

Hi @acefraley,

1Password does definitely rotate as you've described on my iPhone 7 Plus. It does not appear this is supported on the iPhone X. Is it possible that you saw this on a previous device (perhaps one with a larger screen size)?

Thanks.

Ben

• acefraley
    acefraley
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks for the quick response, Ben, and yes... that makes sense. I upgraded from the 7 Plus to the X a couple months ago, so that is no doubt what I am remembering. Hopefully 1Password will support this feature on the X at some point. Until then, the mystery is solved! Thanks again.

• Ben
    Options

In speaking with development... as the iPhone X is not considered a “plus sized” device, we don’t currently have plans to implement this there. If Apple were to introduce an iPhone X Plus, that likely would have it. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news!

Ben

This discussion has been closed.