To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

Storage, where are files?

bagnus
bagnus
Community Member

The question is simple: I just uploaded 3 files with the '+' button in my 1password.com account, but I don't know how to see them or where they are saved.
Can you explain me please?
thank you

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@bagnus: Thanks for reaching out. I’m sorry for the confusion! Those aren't files. They're items which are stored inside 1Password's database, otherwise known as your vault. Where that's located will depend on the version you're using though, so without the information you omitted from your post I can't be more specific. Can you tell me which you're using?

• bagnus
    bagnus
    Community Member

I've got an annual 1password subscription with 1gb storage included (?) that is synchronized with my android smartphone (I bought the app but when I had to transport my database on a new device I had to make a subscription...).
    I uploaded files (text, pdf and pictures) with my browser after I made the login in 1password.com.
    Is it possible to use this storage or not? I didn't find any instructions.
    Thank you

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@bagnus: Ah, that's a bit different. I thought you meant you wanted to know where 1Password saves data on disk. But it sounds like you're talking about Documents. 1Password.com is not a file storage service, but a password management service in which you can save documents securely in your vault. You just click the + New Item button, select Document, and then add the file you want:

Does that help?

• bagnus
    bagnus
    Community Member

ok, I already did it, I uploaded some files, but I haven't 'Documents' in the categories like you! Where can I find them out?

• MikeT
    edited March 2018

Hi @bagnus,

Did you give it a few moments to upload files first? It may take several minutes depending on your upload speed.

Also, is it possible you've created the document items in a different vault? Click on "Personal" on top to switch to "All Vaults" and see if it is there now.

One final question, are you using the 1Password 6 for Windows program or just the 1Password.com web app? You're replying in the Windows forum, which we are assuming you're using the Windows program to do this.

• bagnus
    bagnus
    Community Member

I have 20 Mbps in upload and I uploaded a .txt file...
    I have only another vault 'files' that I created exaclty for the files, but it's empty.
    I'm using 1Password.com web app...
    I really don't understand what is the problem

• Hi @bagnus,

I've moved your thread to our Memberships forum as they can help you with the 1Password.com web app.

Do you have any extensions installed in your browser that could be interfering with 1Password web app?

• bagnus
    bagnus
    Community Member

Thank you very much.
    I think it's not a browser problem because I tried with both Firefox and Chrome

• @bagnus,

After you uploaded the file did you hit the ‘save’ button at the bottom of the screen? In your screenshot it is cut off.

Ben

• bagnus
    bagnus
    Community Member

no... thank you! I'm sorry I didn't see it!

• No worries. :)

Ben

This discussion has been closed.