Changed from standalone acct to family acct for the 1PW7 beta. But not seeing how to invite others.

dtoub
dtoub
Community Member
edited March 2018 in Families

After many years as a standalone customer for me and my family, I just purchased a family subscription and am on the 1PW7 beta. All good-everything imported perfectly. But I'm not seeing any way to invite family members. I also tried this with the 1PW6 app that is also on my MacBook Pro and didn't see a link to invite family members there either. I am signed in just fine to both versions of the app (not running both simultaneously, however). Any suggestions? Thanks.

UPDATE: never mind; while the invitations section isn't in the app sidebar, I found it on the 1PW Web portal for my account. Thanks.

1Password Version: 7
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: macOS 10.3.4
Sync Type: iCloud
Referrer: forum-search:Changed from standalone acct to family acct for the 1PW7 beta. But not seeing how to invite others.

Comments

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@dtoub - glad to see you found a way to solve this one on your own. For the present, there is no way to invite family members from within 1Password for Mac. We're not sure we'll be adding that feature, since it mostly just adds clutter to the app. After all, you only add family members once (unless you've got a more unusual family than I do! 😉). For now, the procedure for inviting/confirming family members is via the web. Let us know if you have any further questions! :)

• dtoub
    dtoub
    Community Member

Thanks; makes sense. Might want to update your Help page in that it wasn't entirely obvious (at least not to me) that the Sidebar referred only to the Web version.

• Thanks for the feedback. :)

Ben

This discussion has been closed.